Gingerbread-based Dual-Core HTC Shooter Emerges

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Preach2k, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Gingerbread-based Dual-Core HTC Shooter Emerges

[​IMG]

HTC Corporation is reportedly gearing up for the launch of a new, highly-appealing handset powered by Google's Android operating system, one that just emerged into the wild under the name of HTC Shooter.

The handset has been spotted on the GLBenchmark website, where it performed a single test, it seems, with the model number PG86100 attached to it.

According to Blog of Mobile, The HTC Shooter might easily prove to be the one and the same device as the HTC EVO 3D, which should make an official appearance on the airwaves of Sprint.

No official confirmation on the existence of this device emerged for the time being but a series of rumored specifications on it are already available, including the fact that it might be based on Android 2.3.2 Gingerbread when hitting Sprint's network.

According to the news, the smartphone would pack:

• 540 x 960 qHD display, though the exact size of the screen is not known for the time being.

• Also include an Adreno 220 GPU, which is reportedly slated to be incorporated in a series of upcoming Qualcomm chipsets.

• Shooter is rumored to pack a 1.2GHz dual-core MSM8660 Snapdragon application processor inside

[​IMG]

Now these specs sound awfully close to the rumored breakdown of the HTC Pyramid we caught a glimpse of yesterday, although the Pyramid is likely to be a GSM handset, tipped for a T-Mobile debut in the US. If Shooter really is the EVO 3D, all should be revealed next week at CTIA in Florida, where it is expected to launch alongside a version of the Samsung Nexus S suitable for Sprint.

By Ionut Arghire

Source: Softpedia
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Thunder what.....
  3. lockman

lockman New Member

Pretty much what I was thinking.
  4. nyeshia0431

nyeshia0431 New Member

So much for the Thunderbolt......Why couldn't they have just held out for a device similar to this one? So now there will be tht Pyramid(possibly) and the Shooter with dual core technology.
  5. stopswitch

stopswitch New Member

Um

LTE what?

I'll stick with LTE over WiMax, thanks.
  6. EgooEspada

EgooEspada New Member

We need an up-ranking system. lol.

With how crazy those people were for the Thunderbolt, I hope for their health they don't see this as it trumps the Thunderbolt.
  7. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

This is what happens when people get sucked into the hype mill

Sent from my Droid
  8. Blackhawk55

Blackhawk55 New Member

I didn't see a date attached to the shooter or did I miss it? Maybe I'm wrong but as long as you are always willing to skip what you COULD buy and wait for something unreleased on the horizon, it's always easy to shoot down anyone who buys what is available today. Isn't it? Fast forward to the day before the Shooter gets released...won't you be eyeing the specs of the next rumored device and chiding those buying the Shooter?

:) I'd love to see the announcement of the FINAL cell phone when we can all be sure that there cannot be a better device down the road if only we would wait.
  9. EgooEspada

EgooEspada New Member

I'll admit I too get into the 'hype mill'. Luckily though, I'm willing to be patient and come to realize how average this device was. Would have been great in November, now not so much. Don't know about you, but after hearing of the Bionic coming pretty soon, I can wait.
  10. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Well-Known Member

Word.

10char
  11. cromag.rickman

cromag.rickman New Member

If this "Shooter" phone is for Sprint, and the HTC Evo 3D is for T-Mobile, than even though the Thunderbolt is not as powerful it's the best Verizon has for an HTC flagship. Don't forget, some of us have only one choice for carrier and can't follow phones around. Now, if either the "Shooter" or Evo 3D were to make their way to Verizon in the near future...then I could see some Thunderbolt owners with MAJOR buyer's remorse.
  12. funkyb

funkyb New Member

Except we're likely to see teired data before this thing goes launcy on us.
  13. bhall238

bhall238 New Member

One reason could be that if this is slated for Sprint (or T-Mobile), I would not even be considering it. I've been with several carriers and Verizon works best for me so that is going to pretty much limit what kind of phone I can get. It sounds like a great phone, but carrier plays into it too.
  14. luv2golf

luv2golf New Member

Verizon, being the largest carrier always gets the leftovers. Why does sprint and t-mobile get these phones and verizon remarkets them six months later under a new name.
  15. funkyb

funkyb New Member

+1, I need a new phone and am not waiting for 3/6/9+ months for the next wave.
  16. AmericanNomads

AmericanNomads New Member

I live in Ohio and am going to Chicago for the weekend and Ive already been in contact with VZW reps so I can get a Thunderbolt the 1st thing when I get there. Yeah this phone sounds cool, but so does a quad core, Im sure there will be specs coming out on that soon too. I think this is what happens when you get caught up in the "hype". Waiting and waiting for a phone. The TBolt is gonna be a good phone, if you dont think so you are in denial. 4g alone is gonna make the phone good, going from .6-1.6mbps to 5-12mbps is gonna be great. Phones fit our needs, I dont know why everyone is flipping out about what comes after the TB, there is always something better over the horizon, thats technology

......... commence with the rubbing our faces in it
  17. DownloadAndroid

DownloadAndroid New Member

+11111111Sounds great
  18. Rotas

Rotas New Member

Thunderbolt is going to be a great phone, and this doesn't really change my mind about it.

I still don't see anything special about the bionic, besides it being dual core.
    That, and the HDMI out, which I don't see the use of that on a phone anyway.
    Once the Bionic is released, there will be other WAY better dual core devices coming out after that.
    If I was going to wait for something, it would be the Optimus 3D/Galaxy S II/Stealth V

Only thing I see Dual core REALLY making a difference in, is gaming.
    Like I said in another thread, I have a handheld game system for that.
  19. BGKris

BGKris New Member

I've never had anything better then a 528mhz smartphone. To me the Tbolt is exactly what I want. 4.3 HTC,LTE :)
  20. Desiree84

Desiree84 New Member

root driod 2.2.2

My phone updated this morning can I still root it? Please help?dancedroid