Gingerbread 6-1-2011

tsmith

Reaction score
My contacts icon is no longer functional. Using Launcher Pro. Only way to them now is through the phone icon. Was this something gb removed?

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
i just did the update is there anyway to change the text messaging to black again?

jbhuskers

Reaction score
Being a Droid newbie....what is the usual ETA to be able to root a new GB?

ToadTheNewsense

Reaction score
I just got the OTA update running totally stock. I have one problem, I have a phone contact that I would like to link to a facebook contact and I don't see any way to manually link anymore. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

wyld

Reaction score
Tried 5 times today im complete stock unrooted and still wont install

wyld

Reaction score
I may have forgot something when I unrooted?

jbhuskers

Reaction score
I'm using Z4 Root, and unrooted....it's still downloading though. Is yours completely downloaded and it just won't install? Or you can't initiate the download?

wyld

Reaction score
I can download the update my phone just won't install it

ToadTheNewsense

Reaction score
Disregard my previous post. I didn't see the "join" option. Gingerbread is awesome.

jbhuskers

Reaction score
Okay I downloaded and tried to install and got the update failed.

Reaction score
when on 3G get the check update failed, when i try it on wifi it just keeps checking for what seems infinite amount of time

should I take it to Verizon?

thinman72069

Reaction score
Totally stock, never rooted.
Downloaded gb first thing this morning on mine and my wife's DX.
Looks very nice. Seems to run smoothly. Will need to have more time to give a fair review, but noticing a few flaws. I know there's more good than bad and I don't want to be too negative before i've explored further. I'll just point out some things I've noticed that hopefully can be remedied.
Got the stupid facebook contacts that I never asked for. Now have two of some of the apps that came with the phone originally. The update wiped all the names of my file folders, but I was able to trash them and reinstall. But so far there's been a few labor intensive little fixes. As of now, I'm not too disappointed, but will be watching these forums closely until I can get it all sorted out.

xush

Reaction score
just got the download forced on me (5 min to DL) and it's going to try to force the install in an hour; not happy about this but hopefully it will fail.
Has anyone who's had the install fail on them had any other trouble or does your phone just stay the way it was?

timrock

Reaction score
any changes in the Market? If i do a hard reset and install GB, will all my apps automatically come back, or can i choose which ones to reinstall?