Gingerbread 6-1-2011

Snow02

Reaction score
Max if that's the case you probably won't be able to receive the over the air one either. You're probably going to have to SBF your X and factory reset if you want to get it. That way if you do, you'll be sure to get it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Great... I had the same problem with my last DX, which I sent in for this refurbished model, it would constantly get stuck at the boot loader, (same status 7 error) and when I would try to flash the sbf, but it would always fail.

I tried redownloading the files multiple times, but the process would always fail before it completed, if that is the case for this update, I might just have to switch to a different phone...

Max there has GOT to be a way to SBF your X back to stock. How about this. Make sure you are rooted with Z4root and install the DX bootstrap. Then go here and download the Maderstcok zip...
maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip
Read all the instructions and follow them to a "T", and it will take some time for it to all apply, make sure your phone is fully charged when you do it. Go into bootstrap recovery and run the update zip and see what happens. Hopefully it will fix your problem and you'll be back on fresh .340 stock and you'll be able to run the Gingerbread update. Let me know if it works out for ya man.

Maderstcok won't work. Having bootstrap installed will still cause it to fail. He's going to need to sbf.

leonozug

Reaction score
Great... I had the same problem with my last DX, which I sent in for this refurbished model, it would constantly get stuck at the boot loader, (same status 7 error) and when I would try to flash the sbf, but it would always fail.

I tried redownloading the files multiple times, but the process would always fail before it completed, if that is the case for this update, I might just have to switch to a different phone...

Max there has GOT to be a way to SBF your X back to stock. How about this. Make sure you are rooted with Z4root and install the DX bootstrap. Then go here and download the Maderstcok zip...
maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip
Read all the instructions and follow them to a "T", and it will take some time for it to all apply, make sure your phone is fully charged when you do it. Go into bootstrap recovery and run the update zip and see what happens. Hopefully it will fix your problem and you'll be back on fresh .340 stock and you'll be able to run the Gingerbread update. Let me know if it works out for ya man.

Maderstcok won't work. Having bootstrap installed will still cause it to fail. He's going to need to sbf.

Well it was worth a try...lol

wyld

Reaction score
Having same problems here the ota downloads just wont install then reboots Back to Froyo I tried 4 times this morning! Same results every time

Sent from my DroidX using DroidForums!

wyld

Reaction score
And I'm running stock was rooted then unrooted to get the update. I wonder if a factory reset will work for me since I'm still on stock Froyo?

Sent from my DroidX using DroidForums!

toddhoof

Reaction score
stuck

hey guys need help. downloaded update then hit install. took shower. came back to find just a black screen that says at top: bootloader, 30.04, some other numbers and below that it says battery ok, ok to program, connect usb data cable?

i need to get back up with this thing. any help is greatly appreciated....thanks

SDracis

Reaction score
hey guys need help. downloaded update then hit install. took shower. came back to find just a black screen that says at top: bootloader, 30.04, some other numbers and below that it says battery ok, ok to program, connect usb data cable?

i need to get back up with this thing. any help is greatly appreciated....thanks

Sounds like it wants you to flash an SBF file.. you can search for them using google.. if you want you can try to do a battery pull and see if it still comes up.. did you run the OTA while rooted by chance? I've heard that can cause this, but at the same time I have also heard people say they have run the update rooted without a problem..

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

nubia

Reaction score
Is it possible to pull the update from the vw web site?

timrock

Reaction score
After installing, can we re root with z4 root? Don't want to lose my free tethering.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

toddhoof

Reaction score
no wasnt rooted. was stock and all working fine. i had the maderstock file on my sd card. guess i need to get back to that and get to froyo again and retry? what do you think?

SDracis

Reaction score
I would say that would be the safest way to go.. and hold on to the SBF file just in case it happens again. I do not have a post for a good SBF or rsdlite download due to work blocking the websites, but like I said you should be able to google it or there is more than likely a forum post on here or XDA that can help out.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
After installing, can we re root with z4 root? Don't want to lose my free tethering.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You lost your free tethering with the install of gingerbread, sorry. When you use any third party app to tether it auto launches the 3G hotspot app too and eventually takes you to the "if you want to use this service you need to pay for it" page. I wasn't able to find the app or even the .apk using titanium to freeze it on the leaked versions so unless someone knows how to stop the hotspot from launching with the free tether apps your screwed unless you revert back to froyo.

Steve H

Reaction score
How long does the download take? Mine is going on 25 minutes. 3G stock phone and the download arrow is "bouncing".

CD95YJ

Reaction score
How long does the download take? Mine is going on 25 minutes. 3G stock phone and the download arrow is "bouncing".

from the update pdf on vzw's site "20-40 minutes depending on network connection". Your speeds might be a bit slower seeing as its now mornign and all the gingerbread fans are trying to manually pull the download too.