Gingerbread 2.3.3 problem with su permission

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Chris P. Bacon, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Chris P. Bacon

Chris P. Bacon New Member

I have to turn my phone back in to Big Red and I am stuck! I recently flashed Bugless Beast and then switched to GB Build GPA14, which seemed pretty stable for the short time I used it, but the problems began when I wanted to go back to stock. I used an unroot.zip file and was no longer rooted, but still had the su icon. Now on top of that when I try to re-root to get the su icon off my phone, via http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html I get through the process just fine and get a successful message that I'm rooted, but I still don't have any su permissions. I'm not sure what to do, but I just need my phone back to stock so I can turn it back in. I've been at this for hours so any help or links would be very much appreciated.
  2. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Active Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Look for the SBF file for your phone. In the forums do a Google search for "SBF any phone, droidforums". Should take you straight to what you need. I'll check back to see if you found it. If not I'll try posting a link on my work computer. Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
Search tags for this page
android gingerbread su
change permission gingerbread
how to change permissions gingerbread
how to have su permission

su for gingerbread

turn on su permissions droid x