Gingerbeard Features.

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
I dont have a full list but I'll post some I'm in love with.

1. Look and feel
2. Delete apps from the app drawer.
3. Can remove need for speed app.
4. Can remove city id app.
5. Apps stay closed when you close them from the default tsk manager.
6. Not alot of crap running in the background.
7. Camera face dection working again.
8. Can now turn off three camera sound.
9. Remove induvidual noteifications.
10. Small changes to galuary.
11. Can finally display only the contact group you want in contacts and gives option to hide custom groups.
12. New battery fully charged notefication option.

afripino

Reaction score
^I see they haven't updated the spell check in "Gingerbeard" yet, maybe in Ice Creem they'll have that fixed.

j/k

I do like the new messaging and weather widgets (blur). Also, the ability to set your default search provider in the browser is cool. Was that always there?

afripino

Reaction score
^ what do you mean? you can just long press a word to do copy/paste functions. double tap to auto-copy after highlighting.

OP
Dejuanxg

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
Yea but there was a paste from clipboard option that let you code what you wanted to paste from stuff you've copied in the past.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I posted some here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/136327-gingerbread-leak-worth-9.html#post1414380

I cannot describe the lil visual changes all over GB for the X. One just has to run it to see it cuz its alot...or hope someone puts up a long video or posts alot of pictures...lol .

The main thing I love so far is setting up categories in the app drawer. Its better compared to some other launchers I used. One launcher probably did it better but it sucked everywhere else compared to ADW, Launcher Pro or Go Launcher.

I like the changes in contacts too. Just tried out copy n paste. Works fine in the stock browser on web pages. Some ppl said it woks in Gmail.

db306

Reaction score
Wheres the default task manager?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
Dejuanxg

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
Updated and you can get there easily by going to your home screen and hitting the menu key and pressing manage apps then go to the running tab.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
I thought I had heard there would be an upgrade to the way the phone handles profiles (e.g. ring, vibrate, silent, phone only, etc.). Is this true?

Drummer.graham

Reaction score
Hey all, I have searched all the forums and cant find if u can use the wireless tether app on GB. This is the only thing stop stopping me from taking the GB plunge.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mikex

Reaction score
Hey all, I have searched all the forums and cant find if u can use the wireless tether app on GB. This is the only thing stop stopping me from taking the GB plunge.

You can use it free till sometime in may.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score

Go to:
droid forums.com/forum/droid-x-hacking-guides/13997-how-install-3ghotspot.HTML

Instructions at the end of that thread for the gingerbread 3G hotspot. Works great, just follow the instructions to the letter especially the last part on TBH_DX_Tether_Patch_1.0.zip

Jordan8

Reaction score

Confirmed that wireless tether works.