Gigngerbread finally coming to the D2 by way of an official ota?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am running the soak--- no big deal but a thousand times better than 2.3.2. Everything runs faster-- better.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Also..could you tell us what you were running prior? As in, Rom or were you back to stock? Did you have all of your bloatware installed? These are just questions I have as some say that you must have the bloat to take the soak..lol I'm just curious as I have in the past heard otherwise....

lpulle

Reaction score
I was rung Liberty 2 but the unit was funky so I tried to sbf back.
had to factory reset. The update came through flawless. Can you see me dancing - bareassed- with a white cowboy hat. Loving it

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
had to factory reset. The update came through flawless. Can you see me dancing - bareassed- with a white cowboy hat. Loving it

Ooops..disregard this post.see following..lol

Last edited:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score

So you never completed sbf? You received the update running Liberty and rooted? If so, that's awesome...And yeah by the way, awesome dance, was that the cabage patch? Lol

lpulle

Reaction score
No -- factory Reset -- just 2.3.2

Forgot the boots

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No -- factory Reset -- just 2.3.2

Forgot the boots

I recently tried updating software, and it's stating my software is up-to-date at 2.3.20.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thats because its just in the soak right now. not everyone has 2.3.3 yet

Right, but they stated they never signed up for the soak, and I didn't realize that Motorola randomly chooses some D2 users aswell.

lpulle

Reaction score
They randomly chose me but still had to sign up and fill out for the soak. Nobody should make a big thing of this - hope it goes through and everyone gets it

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They randomly chose me but still had to sign up and fill out for the soak. Nobody should make a big thing of this - hope it goes through and everyone gets it

It's technically already gone through if they're soaking it. I've never seen them retract software after a soak.

Modred189

Reaction score
That was me. And yea, I never signed up for anything with motorola or verizon, I just received a message when I turned my phone on on Tuesday morning. Dunno if it matters, but I sbf'd on Sunday night...

Oh, and again, I danced. dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Insidious

Reaction score
I am in the soak. Got my email about it being released and hadn't had time to sbf back to froyo. Then this morning I got this email.......

"After further investigation, we have discovered that your Droid 2 is not on > final software, but on a pre-release build. Because of this, you won't be > able to receive the upgrade to Gingerbread over the air. > > Can you tell me how you came by your Droid 2? Maybe we can figure out a way > to get it updated. Please reply back. > > Because of this issue, I am removing you from the trial as well"

I am running zombiestomped. should I respond to the email? Thoughts?

That's pretty weird. I would sbf back, and respond and say are you sure? My phone seems to be completely stock. Just to see what happens.

Sent from my Droid Prime using DroidForums

OP
K

km75

Reaction score
Applied the gingerbread update and was pleasantly surprised to see that the radiocom wireless tether hack was still functional

michael7269

Reaction score
Very happy with the OTA update. Really easy to root. The only complaint I have is that JRummy16's Android Overclock isn't working right with it. Other than that it is a great update, especially after root.