Gigngerbread finally coming to the D2 by way of an official ota?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Could someone give us a version of the OTA update to download

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

You'll be able to download it soon.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

zachjen

Reaction score
I am in the soak. Got my email about it being released and hadn't had time to sbf back to froyo. Then this morning I got this email.......

"After further investigation, we have discovered that your Droid 2 is not on > final software, but on a pre-release build. Because of this, you won't be > able to receive the upgrade to Gingerbread over the air. > > Can you tell me how you came by your Droid 2? Maybe we can figure out a way > to get it updated. Please reply back. > > Because of this issue, I am removing you from the trial as well"

I am running zombiestomped. should I respond to the email? Thoughts?

americanz

Reaction score
I am in the soak. Got my email about it being released and hadn't had time to sbf back to froyo. Then this morning I got this email.......

"After further investigation, we have discovered that your Droid 2 is not on > final software, but on a pre-release build. Because of this, you won't be > able to receive the upgrade to Gingerbread over the air. > > Can you tell me how you came by your Droid 2? Maybe we can figure out a way > to get it updated. Please reply back. > > Because of this issue, I am removing you from the trial as well"

Your not in the soak any more. And idk what to tell you. I sbf right after I signed up so I didn't have to worry about it.. I guess you could tell them you got it on ebay or craigs list. Idk man

Sent from my D2 GB Apex 2.0 @1.4ghz

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I wouldn't respond. That's really fishy, IMO.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My question is, will this OTA be forced on us or can we quietly decline the update? My D2 has been happily rooted for a year now and I want my phone to stay just the way it is. Is there a way to block or decline the OTA?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My question is, will this OTA be forced on us or can we quietly decline the update? My D2 has been happily rooted for a year now and I want my phone to stay just the way it is. Is there a way to block or decline the OTA?

Updates usually asked to be installed, but this update can be rooted, so I'd accept it.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Updates usually asked to be installed, but this update can be rooted, so I'd accept it.

Cool beans! But will I have to reinstall all the root apps I installed, such at Titanium Backup, Droid Overclock and Wireless Tether, etc? Will it just be a matter of accept the update, re-root and be back like I am now? Or will it be a hassle?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Cool beans! But will I have to reinstall all the root apps I installed, such at Titanium Backup, Droid Overclock and Wireless Tether, etc? Will it just be a matter of accept the update, re-root and be back like I am now? Or will it be a hassle?

It's a major update, so it may be a hassle.

Modred189

Reaction score
Nice

Holy crap that was easy. I remember my first root involved all kinds of terminal work, multiple reboots etc.
Thanks.

hond2

Reaction score
Anybody gonna share the update file with those of us not soak testers?? Then I promise to come back to this thread and give a proper reply to the op..!

Modred189

Reaction score
Anybody gonna share the update file with those of us not soak testets?? Then I promise to come back to this thread and give a proper reply to the op..!

I wasn't a soak tester, but the OTA was waiting for me when I woke up this morning.

RJT185

Reaction score
I wasn't a soak tester, but the OTA was waiting for me when I woke up this morning.

...were you signed up with Motorola at all then? When you say it was waiting for you, you mean you got to download the OTA people are soak-testing???

Modred189

Reaction score
...were you signed up with Motorola at all then? When you say it was waiting for you, you mean you got to download the OTA people are soak-testing???
Correct. I never signed up with Motorola at all. I just woke up yesterday morning and there was a screen that said an update for my phone was available. I updated, thinking it was the standard OTA update.
I also danced. dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am running the soak--- no big deal but a thousand times better than 2.3.2. Everything runs faster-- better.

Thanks for your input..I started a thread, but turned out to be a where do I get it..lol I did the thread for the comments on how its running..therefore getting an idea on when it will hit...thanks for your input!!