Gift 1GB of Verizon Data For Only $10

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Now in my world 1GB of data is about as useful as a single lays potato chip. It really doesn't do me a lot of good. Heck I could probably sneeze and use 1GB of data. I have become a data hog. I use more than 50GB per month on my grand fathered data plan. Those of you who have had to convert to tiered data plans over the years have probably learned how to nurse your data throughout the month. You may be the lucky recipient of a free 1GB of data.

Verizon will let you gift 1GB of data to a friend. You can purchase this through the website or the verizon messages app. This is billed to your account. To grab this open up the Verizon Messages app, go to the eGift catalogue, and purchase it. Your friend will receive the text message. This is also just a really great way to be thoughtful and give gifts to people you don't expect to see during the holiday season!

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
An extra free GB for me isn't super helpful. Would add a few episodes of streaming on Netflix while up north but I don't feel it is worth $10... For $5 I would consider it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's meant to be a gift to someone else. Maybe a family member that doesn't use much data and has a small data plan. To them... an extra 1GB could be a big deal. To power users on this forum 1GB is next to nothing, but to send it as a gift to someone else just shows that you are thinking of them. You know....the reason we give gifts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It's meant to be a gift to someone else. Maybe a family member that doesn't use much data and has a small data plan. To them... an extra 1GB could be a big deal. To power users on this forum 1GB is next to nothing, but to send it as a gift to someone else just shows that you are thinking of them. You know....the reason we give gifts.

^^^ This is very sweet, but...

Its like they are mocking their users.

...I think this ^^^ is the truth. If it came with a rollover feature (which of course is impossible, hell would freeze over before VZW data rolled over), THEN maybe it would be a cool gesture (I mean, a cool gesture on VZW's part -- the act of buying it for a non-power user is definitely cool).

-Matt

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think it all depends on your point of view. View it as a normal everyday user......or view it as a tech head forum posting power user. Neither opinion is wrong...just different

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My wife uses about a gig a year on her iPhone.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a good idea. I'll certainly buy it for a few of my friends and family . For me , no, but for others , more than enough.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DroidToro

Reaction score
When you go over your plan, VZW charges you $15. If you call them before the billing cycle ends, they will only charge you $10, but they will keep charging you the extra $10 until you cancel.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
When you go over your plan, VZW charges you $15. If you call them before the billing cycle ends, they will only charge you $10, but they will keep charging you the extra $10 until you cancel.

True. But this 1GB is not added to your account, you send it to a friend, family member, whoever you want. You pay $10 one time and send an extra Gig to someone else.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Using this insanely cheap gift idea, I could fill a 1tb hard drive for only $10, 240,000. WHAT A DEAL!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Using this insanely cheap gift idea, I could fill a 1tb hard drive for only $10, 240,000. WHAT A DEAL!
Actually, $10,000,000. Hard drives aren't measured in 1024MB. :) So you can save some money.