1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

"Ghosting" a bunch of new phones

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR M' started by brunobus, Feb 18, 2013.

1. brunobus

brunobus New Member

My company is going to be getting about 70 new Razr M phones. I want to take one phone and uninstall most of the included apps and then install a few apps that will be work related. I then wanted to transfer this "image" to the rest of the phones. Is it as simple as plugging into a PC and deleting all folder on the phone that I want to image to and then pasting the folders from the "master" phone?
  2. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Member

Pre-installed "bloatware" cannot be removed without being rooted. As far as the other, I have absolutely no idea.
  3. lowvolt

lowvolt New Member

You would have to root all the phones. Legal but will void the warranty. You can then delete apps. But be careful. If you remove the wrong thing it could render the device useless. You would have to do this for all phones.
  4. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Member

Plus if the apps are DELETED and not just "frozen", none of the phones will be able to be updated to a new OS(Jelly Bean to Key Lime Pie(?) ), if it becomes available to the M.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  5. Redsnk95

Redsnk95 New Member

Should disable to apps, not delete them. You need to uninstall all updates, then disable.
  6. brunobus

brunobus New Member

Ok, so I'm not interested in the risk of trying to remove the pre-installed stuff since it sounds a bit dangerous and probably would not amount to much. My main idea behind that was to try and avoid confusion for first time users. I will just skip that part.

But is there a way to configure the home page and layout, install some apps, etc. the same on all of the phones fairly quickly?
  7. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Member

I'd think you'd have to do them one at a time but maybe I will be corrected. Since you bought that many phones, ask your provider if it's possible. I've been on quite a few Android sites and never heard nor seen this discussed but ....never say never.
  8. lowvolt

lowvolt New Member

I would also think you would have to do it a phone at a time.
  9. brandon71

brandon71 New Member

Rooting does not void your warranty but unlocking your bootloader does

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
Search tags for this page

ghosting a phone

how to remove ghosting on android phones