Ghost Radar: Journal Entries

OP
H

harlock

Reaction score
This Is NUTS!

Interesting results from last evening to now! Read on...

This was the first time that the start up/warm up sequence was different. I cranked up the app at 9:30PM last night. My usual experiece with the routine is very chatty, but this time... all was quiet. The app was not running in the background, and was started fresh.

At 9:41PM the first word was transmitted: NODDED. I was nodding, and saying, "Yes, that's right." - commenting on something I was reading online. Weird.

The next real odd bit happened 10:43PM I had just gotten myself a small bowl of roasted peanuts, seasoned almonds, and the rest of my homebrewed Imperial Stout. I start noshing away, digging around the bowl to mix the peanuts and almonds, and the word 'MIX' is transmitted. Weird. A minute later, I'm swishing the nuts around again, and the word 'SHAKE' is transmitted. Weird.

My tap/level experiment is proving to provide more conrete results. I have repeated the tap/level cause and effect now multiple times, on different surfaces, and in different locations. Try it out! Basically, once you start getting some activity, scrolling text, rap your fingers quickly on the surface the DROID is resting on. It doesn't need to be too hard or loud or anything like that. The DROID seems to be sensitive enough to make the level bar jump a bar or more. What does this mean? I don't know yet. Ideas anyone?

This is the voice of Free Arcadia -H-

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm liking the new update. Fits the Droid's screen very nicely.

DRLyman

Reaction score
This is great. It was one of my favorite apps on my iPhone and now it's made for the Droid. My wife hates it. Every time she notices it running I get told to turn it off :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This is great. It was one of my favorite apps on my iPhone and now it's made for the Droid. My wife hates it. Every time she notices it running I get told to turn it off :)
LOL good stuff DRLyman..

You need to really freak her out now.....make things up that it said to you when she comes home.

Play dumb like get her deceased grandfathers name. Lets say it's Ed and say something like "baby did you know an Ed or an Edward"

She'll probably say "why?"

Then tell her that the Ghost Radar said the words "Ed" "granddaughter" "love" "miss" "Im" "watching" "over" "you"

DRLyman

Reaction score
LOL good stuff DRLyman..

You need to really freak her out now.....make things up that it said to you when she comes home.

Play dumb like get her deceased grandfathers name. Lets say it's Ed and say something like "baby did you know an Ed or an Edward"

She'll probably say "why?"

Then tell her that the Ghost Radar said the words "Ed" "granddaughter" "love" "miss" "Im" "watching" "over" "you"

LOL You've got me laughing over here :icon_ banana: I'll have to wait a little while before trying that one. We watched Paranormal Activity and now she's against this app more than ever now. Heck, I loved that movie...

DRLyman

Reaction score
One question, though. Does this app actually speak the words out loud? The version I had on my iPhone would do that. The Droid gets the words, but it's not saying them out loud for me. Is that how it is supposed to work?

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I installed the Eyes-Free app. When I am reading or working on something, I can hear the words as the are generated. To me no matter the voice settings, it is a little strange to hear that synthetic voice announcing words.

I have saved several logs.Routinely, I begin getting words within 2-5 minutes, and many times a new word every minute or less. I have also gone 25-30 minutes with nothing. Most activity seems to be at home upstairs with only a radio on, with not much confusion.

The blips seem to come in clusters. The most I have seen was a group that went from 1, then 2-4,then rapidly to 12-13. This was the only time this happened. Mostly, they range from 3-5. As they pop up, old ones are replaced with newer ones, then all fade out.

I have not really made sense of the VOX line, yet.

Djanvk

Reaction score
So I was at my In-Laws last night for dinner and there was a bunch of us around the table eating and my wife wanted me to fire up the GR app (she thinks it's fun) so I did. We had some interesting readings, it was running for approx 2 hours there. Now my father-in-law swears that is Parents have shown up in his garage in the same place more than once (they are deceased) and he wanted me to take the GR out to the garage and see what I find, well I found nothing by myself but then he took it out by his self and said he got 2 bright red blips on it with some words. Now he asked me then to come with him to see if that happens again and I went and we got the 2 blips in the same spot he said. Now this is the same spot he says his parents have shown up before, kind of interesting. He would go back to the garage periodically and and they would still be there but if anyone else went without him they would not be there.

Also while sitting at the table there would be 2-3 blips behind where my Father-in-law and Mother-in-law would be sitting quite often.

Some of the works were, her/she/kids my wife and I have 4 kids who were there. The work "laugh" popped up as we were all laughing around the table. "Nature" showed up when we were talking about a vacation to a cabin in the woods. Money was being talked about and "Finance" showed up. We also got to names, "William" and "Kristin".

Over all it was very interesting and fun, but kind of freaked the kids out, hehe.

Tonight I'm have it running, I work night shift in a hospital so I'm sure I'll get something around here, It's a old hospital with rumors of ghost sightings.

Great app Spuds, worth my $0.99.

Scottslot

Reaction score
Just my quick two cents about this app....at first I was very skeptical, as I am with all things paranormal..but still my curiosity is there. So I read and I download the app...I open it up (and mind you this might be a little too much info for some) for the first time on the can. It was a bathroom with three stalls...the first word that comes up is "SINGLE" and yep, I was alone in the bathroom....the next word that popped up was "BETWEEN" and yep, I was in the middle stall....so I am thinking, ok, so this APP is pretty near but that's the last time I thought that in the last half hour as the next words to come up were EDWARD, FARTHER, WOOL, PLACE, NICE, ALIVE and MANY. All of those words mean nothing to me at this moment in time. So I am back into the skeptical boat....but we'll see.

I'll leave it open for a little while here at work and see if anything jumps out as weird like in the beginning but as of right now, I'm skeptical.

Can someone tell me what the colors mean on the radar?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just my quick two cents about this app....at first I was very skeptical, as I am with all things paranormal..but still my curiosity is there. So I read and I download the app...I open it up (and mind you this might be a little too much info for some) for the first time on the can. It was a bathroom with three stalls...the first word that comes up is "SINGLE" and yep, I was alone in the bathroom....the next word that popped up was "BETWEEN" and yep, I was in the middle stall....so I am thinking, ok, so this APP is pretty near but that's the last time I thought that in the last half hour as the next words to come up were EDWARD, FARTHER, WOOL, PLACE, NICE, ALIVE and MANY. All of those words mean nothing to me at this moment in time. So I am back into the skeptical boat....but we'll see.

I'll leave it open for a little while here at work and see if anything jumps out as weird like in the beginning but as of right now, I'm skeptical.

Can someone tell me what the colors mean on the radar?
The colors are supposed to represent entities, or something that registers on the radar. If you go to the developers web page... there is a good explanation of exactly what the apps does and how it works :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The developer site tells you what sensitivity is best for what kind of setting. :)
Generally... the noisier/busier the area, the lower the sensitivity.

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
I have been using the radar on investigations. We all met up together today before going on an investigation and I asked if anyone knew where a sugar mill was around there. No one did. The words had popped up on the radar. I turned it off and we left to drive to our destination. Within about 1/2 a mile from our meeting spot, we passed a subdivision named SUGAR MILL. Totally unexpected.

We have had some good results in various areas. We have been going to some Civil War sites and have began playing music from the era while there. We get more hits on the radar (and on the EMF meters we have with us), and more words tend to pop up.

Do I totally believe in it? No. But it is interesting. And if we can match up EVPs with the words on the list, then we will really have something.

OP
H

harlock

Reaction score
GR Update... update

It looks like that latest update to GR has issued a new bug, at least I suspect based on recent app behavior since the d/l. If I am correct, if you start the program, exit using the home button (so the program is running in the background), then re-enter the app using the icon off your home screen, it will restart the app and wipe your word list.

I had this happen to me numerous times already since the last update. If you restart the app by long pressing the home button for your recent apps, it seems to bring up all previous actions and recordings.

If anybody notices anything different, please post.

This is the voice of Free Arcadia -H-