Ghost Radar: Journal Entries

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Thanks Martin for the info you posted. Thanks to harlock for the posts
Thanks to Spud for the app. Last night was the first time that I got a chance to run it.I got a very unusual sequence of words in spurts. I did not really understand if the scrolling subtext was to spell out words, or what. I wrote down what was generated and times. I am curious to see what happens from 3-5 am

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Accidental double post

OP
H

harlock

Reaction score
Losing It All... it happens.

Can't wait til we can save the incoming data quickly and easily. Between the short battery life, and the occassional forceclose, I've lost a bunch of data since my last post. There are moments however, that I can still relay.

I kicked the app off around 12:30PM yesterday while on lunch. More of the same start up jargin. Lately it has been almost an immediate printed word(s) and long strings of letters (ex: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF) in the scrolling text. It went on like this for a bit then calmed down. It spit out a few words that did have meaning to me, but again, can we be looking to deeply into words? A word can be a powerful thing.

I'm still testing the start up routine, and what, if anything, seems to effect the sensors as it 'adapts to the environment.' While letting GR run it's routine yesterday at lunch, I couldn't help but to move the phone towards electrical equipment like my computer monitor. Based on the 5-6 times or more that I brought to and fro the monitor, I swear the level went up and down, and string of scrolling text would either change or start up. Tonight, not happening with my home PC monitor. More unanswered questions.

A theory that I am working with that seems to have some substance is that by swinging the phone/device rapidly in random directions, you can encourage the GR-VOX to talk. SPEAK DAMN YOU!!! It may be disorienting the sensors enough to influence a word or letters in the scrolling text. Try it out, let me know what your DROIDS are doing with GR.

Better yet, try leaving your DROID sitting alone on a flat surface for a long while. At this point I'd be willing to bet not much is happening. After half and hour to an hour pick that bad boy up, and starting waving it around all ghost hunter-like, and see if your GR-VOX starts to wake up.

I've been letting mine run on HI sensitivity, as it scans more frequently, and doesn't seem to give off any bogus data after a brief warm up period, unless encouraged to.

I started up the app for the 1st time today at 8:38PM. First was a string of periods, 'oooooo', 'vvvvvvvvvvvvv' then the word DONE. I thought, "Ok, this thing wants to let me know it's done twitching out, and ready steady. It continued to spit out the long strings of repeated letters. The word SUM appeared on the display. I should point out that this was all happening in my hand. As soon as I put the phone down, the device seemed to gain more control of itself. Activity stopped, and it's been that way since (9:20PM)

This is the voice of Free Arcadia -H-

Droidnought

Reaction score
Better yet, try leaving your DROID sitting alone on a flat surface for a long while. At this point I'd be willing to bet not much is happening. After half and hour to an hour pick that bad boy up, and starting waving it around all ghost hunter-like, and see if your GR-VOX starts to wake up.

When I turn GR on it is USB connected to my computer to keep from killing the battery. It lays on the desk, I only pick it up to see the screen or switch between screen modes. Last night it was unusually chatty after a lengthy but quiet warmup, so I emailed myself the results. None of this involved any motion other then picking it up to see the screen; the USB cable is short and there isn't much room to maneuver.

According to the logfile I started it at 20:59:06 PST, but it didn't say its first word until 21:51:46, about 52 minutes later. Then it got chatty and over the next five minutes it said: light/everywhere/Kristin/than/by/wooden. Then a 15 minute quiet period followed by: speech/far/frighten/shelter/effort all within 6 minutes.

Then another quiet period of maybe 5 minutes and it started up again. Over the next 30 minutes it said: village/serve/finest/recall/concerned/other/bite/gas/ruler/opinion/mad/basket/successful/ourselves/bus/whispered/using/not/be/wore/wire.

At that point I emailed the logfile because it also had a ton of "Signals Detected" and I thought it might fill a buffer and choke. That seemed to shut down GR, because it restarted when I went back to the main screen.

Just for the record, I have no clue what any of this means... but it has been worth $0.99 just for the entertainment value.

Wally

Echo3

Reaction score
Is this App for real?

I just downloaded this app just a moment ago. First word was David. Earlier I was playing table tennis with a few friends and one I was playing with, his name's David.

Maybe just coincidence...haha.

OP
H

harlock

Reaction score
Ahhh! We're Crashing!

Interesting info, Droidnought. Different than the results I am getting, that's for sure. What DROID device are you running GR on? I am on a Moto DROID; don't think I posted that before. Would be great to see more ppl post their results up here for additional comparisons. Did you notice any of what I have posted thus far happening on your DROID?

The USB connector is a good idea. I've been doing ok with power management as of late though. Thank you, Task Manager :) Have you tried communicating out loud or otherwise when your GR-VOX gets chatty? I will always try to question and get responces. Even something basic, like... I will always ask YES or NO questions; even prompting 'them' to lay down a bunch of YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY or NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN in the scrolling text. No luck with that endeavor yet.

In anycase, it is worth the .99C ;) quite true.

MORE BETA TESTING:

Found a great way to crash this fugger, and lose your saved words. Whenever you want to wipe the slate clean, go ahead and turn your DROID on it's side, slide your screen up, and say, "Ciao, baby." This procedure will start the whole dang app over, and once or twice it actually forceclosed the program.

How about this radar. 90+% of the time, when I check the radar for what entity may be scrolling a long LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL across my screen, the blip comes up in the upper left hand quadrant. What about you, ppl? I've walked towards the blip, and it never really moves position either. Every now and then I see it move on it's own, when I am standing still, but that has been extremely rare.

As Droidnought has mentioned, and others before, using the REPORT READINGS button, can make GR collapse as well.

See below for more accidental BETA TESTING... solid results.

CONCLUSION:

As you can tell, I was more interested in testing out the software/hardware interface today than in what any flux minglers had to say. I have cranked up the program while typing this post. I started it at 8:31PM. Pretty silent warm up. A long string of periods (anyone else notice this upon start up? I see it often), and a long strings of repetitive letters. The current environment is 64F, 44% humidity, dishwasher running, and the Eagles are playing on the radio. It should be mentioned that I started up GR while the DROID was on my desk, and NOT in my hand. It has sat there since.

Here's something interesting... I started tapping away on my desk with my fingers to the Eagles, and the DROID started kickin up! 10 out of 10 times when I would tap on the desk, the level bars would go up. Ah, and a blip in the upper left quadrant. Long strings of letters; 'WWWWWWWWWWW' currently.

The first printed word did come in 7 minutes after starting up GR. Here are the words as they came through:

In, Ann, fact, doesn't, somebody, dream, valley, large, pupil, scientist, molecular, any, these, movement. These are the words from 8:31PM to 9:02PM. Reading the words now, it's a bit on the strange side, as they actually make quite a bit of sense to me. As I continue to type this, the word EYE was printed. The scrolling repeated letters have not stopped yet. And now, at 9:04PM, the word RUSSIA. I live in the mountains of NC, and I don't know a lot of Russian ppl. Today I met TWO Russians. Now the word TOLD.... CANNOT. umm, now the word POT (no comment, though very very strange).

This is going to be a long night!

-H-

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
I have been using the app pretty regularly. We took it on a recent investigation and had a few hits. We are trying to verify the names and info. But, interestingly, I left it running overnight. It showed a red blip around 2:30 in the morning, and a single word, "David." I met up with my group as planned to discuss the radar app, and I told them about the word. It was a group member's deceased father's name.

Also, that morning as I passed our woodstove, the word "blew" popped up. A woodstove with a blower that was on. Then the next word was "log" and guess what the woodstove needed? That was closely followed by my cat jumping and running around resulting in the word "dance" popping up.

I have to say, I am impressed thus far. I plan to try it out some more and see if I can verify the names and the info it has been providing. Would LOVE to see the radar and the words at the same time though.

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
I have lost a list or two myself. Drives me nuts! I have had it lock up a couple of times as well. I think this has great potential. Keep improving it! And I know others who are hoping to add it to their phones soon. I guess they should have gotten a Droid!

Droidnought

Reaction score
What DROID device are you running GR on?

Moto Droid

Did you notice any of what I have posted thus far happening on your DROID?

Usually I don't get many words after it settles down. That's what caught my eye last night - it was unusual to get that many.

Have you tried communicating out loud or otherwise when your GR-VOX gets chatty?

No, for the most part I'm doing something else and just look at it occasionally. Ok, so the real reason is I don't want to try to explain to my wife why I'm talking TO my phone instead of ON it.

Wally

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
I get not wanting to talk out loud and having to explain. lol! I can get away with that during an investigation.

I did leave it running overnight and got a hit or two while sleeping (volume all the way down). I have also restarted it to see if it would start posting words again.

One interesting thing that happened was when I was showing it to someone in my house. My daughter was home from college and came into the room. The radar went nuts. It began talking so fast that the words were not showing up on the screen or being listed. Then it locked up and shut down. I couldn't send the words, so I have nothing to go back to and look at. Some of the things it said was a little scary and prophetic sounding. The 3 of us heard it, but no one else. I am waiting to see if it happens. If it does, the entire world will know. Apparently, it is supposed to be in March. I don't want to go into too many details and have people freaking out for no reason, but if it something big happens in March, you will have a better idea of how well this thing works.

I should add that my daughter, myself, and our guest are all involved in paranormal investigations. So, it was not unusual to have events happen around us, but the change was dramatic! I have another friend who is an amazing psychic. I plan to try it around her and see what happens. We have worked on unexplained deaths and murder cases together with good results. I am hoping it may help us locate a missing woman in the area.

Now, I sound really freaky. I'm really not. It is a hobby that sometimes provides interesting information. We are really so normal that we are abnormal around here.

OP
H

harlock

Reaction score
Follow Up & More!

Psychodroid... what's normal, really? :icon_ banana:
What's paranornal? :icon_ devil:

We getcha ;)

FOLLOW UP on LAST EVENING:

Reread my last post so you know just what took place so this makes a little more sense. As soon as I finished entering my post last night, and hit 'POST' all activity stopped on my GR. Silence. Couldn't repeat a single tap/level, no words, no blips. Again, this halt of activity stopped as soon as I hit 'POST'

This is so mad. As I am typing the paragraph above the activity kicked up again. Tap/Level worked and everything. I tell my wife, "Come here! It's doing it! Come here!" to which as she is getting out of the couch, the scrolling letter stop. By the time she took two steps to me, the GR fell silent. This just happened. It threw out two words... LONG, BITE. These two words were 39 seconds apart.

TODAY:

I've been running GR continuously since my post last evening. Not bad! Didn't crash it once, and all my words are accounted for. Woo!

9:13PM (shortly after I posted last night) 'BILL' - My father-in-laws name is Bill. One minute later the word 'LEAD' - this had no meaning to me.

9:53PM EXPERIENCE
9:55PM SPEED
9:57PM PENCIL

That was it for the rest of the night last night. During that last bit, I was lounging on the couch, and the DROID was resting next to me. Very very strange stuff ppl.

TODAY:

Lots of words, though I had my DROID in my pocket running, and I was bouncing around quite a bit today. You all know my jostle theory by now, but there was one communication today that was an eyebrow raiser.

I was snacking on a few tasty bits at one point at work, and decided to check GR. While standing there, bringing up my dormant GR interface, I'm holding my DROID, and just as I crank it up, one of my managers, Jim walks by my office. By his second step, my GR-VOX transmits the word 'JIM' .... wow! 13 seconds later... the word 'AID' ... as mentioned earlier, Jim is one of my managers, and is in a position where he does help me and others often.

Now that you read my "Ooooo, Spooky" experience, I want to relay to you that GR has shown me the name JIM before. If I didn't post it before (think I did... early on), GR-VOX showed me the name JIM when my cat, Roopers, came into the room once before too. Who knows, maybe my cat's real name is Jim. I don't know. Now in any case, can two different people be named Jim, that GR detects? Yes, but I feel, I've seen this before, ya know? It's just a feeling, though very odd at the same time.

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
When you say gr-vox, d is that the same as text-to-speech app?

OP
H

harlock

Reaction score
GR (Ghost Radar)
VOX - is the tab that shows you scrolling text, and printed words.

OP
H

harlock

Reaction score
Ghost Radar Update!

I turned on my phone today to see if I had any activity last night. There was none. However, I did see that there was an update available for GR!

What I can see is that the screen now fills the entire screen. I have not found out what other update(s) were added/fixed/tweaked though. Nothing was posted about it.

SPUDPICKLES... fill us in, bro!

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
I agree! Let us know what the updates do. I think this one just made the screen bigger. No black bar across the top and bottom.