Ghost Radar: Journal Entries

harlock

Reaction score
As most of us know, the Ghost Radar application was released for the Droid only days ago. As a 15 year veteran as an amatuer paranormal investigator (in the private sector... hahaha), and proud new owner of a DROID, I was excited and entrigued by the release of such an application. The DROID is well equipped with many sensors, though I am not sure just how strong they are, and this has apparently left the device open for further programing to where we can now make guestimated sense of what the unseen may be trying to say. I am all for it! The best we can do at this point is test it out in the best ways we can, and share our experiences with it. It's a start. Here are my freakish coincidenses from day one...

I cranked up the program after I finished charging up the battery when I got home from work yesterday evening around 6:30PM - 6:45PM. Nothing was really happening at first. Then, three consecutive words came through within seconds of each other: Important. Strong. Pass.

Silence fell upon the GR-VOX after the communication. Five minutes later, three emergency vehicles come flying up our road spaced about the same timing as the three words came through. We live in a remote, back roads area of the mountains of NC. We never see something like that unless there was a bad wreck or some such event.

The rest of the evening proved to almost be a direct link between my cats and GR. Examples:

When I first went upstairs and turned on GR's Radar, a blip came up exactly where my cat was sitting. As I talked about what was happening out lout, and it distracted my cat, the blip went away.

20-30 minutes of time had passed since the GR-VOX had printed a word on the screen. My cat, Roopers, came playing next to the couch, and pulled open a door on the furniture next to me. Immediately as Roopers opened the door, the word 'DOOR' was printed on the screen.

My wife had been cooking all sorts of Turkey goodness, roasted parts, slow-cooked stock on the bone, and my poor siamese snow-shoe is a crazy one for flesh! We never give her ppl food, so we know she goes bonkers for the stuff. Anyhoo... I hear this ruckus down in the kitchen, like a cat banging into the wall and garbage can, while we were upstairs lounging last night, and three words pop up consecutively, and quickly: BONE, WASTE, PLEASURE. My wife had just dumped the turkey scraps away about 20-25 minutes prior.

Two other times the radar showed blips when my cat Roopers got excited about something in the room.

SOME Q/A & ETC...

Anyone have a better explaination of the horizontal lines that track across the screen, and how to interpret what they mean?

When the Radar symbol in the VOX mode flashes, what exactly does that mean?

The three circles that light up on the bottom left are indicators of what?

Is the app supposed to run in the background when you exit? If so, shouldn't it be tracking words?

The program needs a feature to SAVE the words communicated, right? Each time you exit, it appears to clear the words.

Let's hear your experiences too, and help assist the quest for knowledge, evidence, and understanding of the worlds beyond our own!

This is the voice of Free Arcadia -H-

Zippster

Reaction score
Nice write up and info, think theres a couple other threads around here too with other peoples experiences.

Thanks

spudpickles

Reaction score
I'm sorry I haven't updated the documentation to match all the recent changes. Docs seem to fall to the last :)

I'll try to answer your questions and update the docs as soon as I can. Watch Ghost Radar | Spud Pickles and Ghost Radar FAQ | Spud Pickles for updated information.

The three sets of numbers at the top are raw data coming into the device. Basically all the readings are distilled down to three main numbers. The three lines in the graph represent those three numbers. When those lines/numbers change quickly it indicates a change in the energies around the device.

The flashing radar symbol in Vox mode simply indicates that readings are being made and how fast the scan is. If you change the scan frequency the flashing radar will change to indicate the new setting.

The three circles that light up on the bottom left are meant to be an indication of the initialization of the app. It takes the app 15 to 30 minutes to "learn" what is normal in the area. The lights are supposed to light up as the "warm-up" period progresses. When the app is fully warmed all three lights should stay lit. However, a bug exists and these lights are not functioning correctly. Watch for a future update where these lights function correctly.

The app will run in the background and continue to track if you leave the app by pressing the "Home" button. If you leave the app by pressing the "Back" button it will stop the app.

I have just completed an update for the iPhone version that stores settings so they do not get cleared when you exit the app. I will be updating the Android version of the app very soon to include this feature as well.

-Spud

acturbo

Reaction score
I'm sorry I haven't updated the documentation to match all the recent changes. Docs seem to fall to the last :)

I'll try to answer your questions and update the docs as soon as I can. Watch Ghost Radar | Spud Pickles and Ghost Radar FAQ | Spud Pickles for updated information.

The three sets of numbers at the top are raw data coming into the device. Basically all the readings are distilled down to three main numbers. The three lines in the graph represent those three numbers. When those lines/numbers change quickly it indicates a change in the energies around the device.

The flashing radar symbol in Vox mode simply indicates that readings are being made and how fast the scan is. If you change the scan frequency the flashing radar will change to indicate the new setting.

The three circles that light up on the bottom left are meant to be an indication of the initialization of the app. It takes the app 15 to 30 minutes to "learn" what is normal in the area. The lights are supposed to light up as the "warm-up" period progresses. When the app is fully warmed all three lights should stay lit. However, a bug exists and these lights are not functioning correctly. Watch for a future update where these lights function correctly.

The app will run in the background and continue to track if you leave the app by pressing the "Home" button. If you leave the app by pressing the "Back" button it will stop the app.

I have just completed an update for the iPhone version that stores settings so they do not get cleared when you exit the app. I will be updating the Android version of the app very soon to include this feature as well.

-Spud

Upon leaving the app by pressing the "Home" button the app was closed just the same as if pressing the "back" button. Cant seem to find a way to keep it running in the background?

OP
H

harlock

Reaction score
Thanx, Spud! I am looking forward to all the adjustments that are in store for the app as it matures (not that it's infantile... hahaha... far from it). Have you been researching the paranormal for long? I remember when a small bottle of salt, a pouch of flour, magnifying glass, basic camera, and a big ole reel-to-reel was a ghost hunter's tool kit (j/k) :)

What exactly is the radius that the app/DROID combo will detect up to? Inches? Feet? Unknown? Estimate?

--- ON TO THE JOURNAL ---

* It should be noted now I suppose, that all entries will be from the previous day, or longer, and are not today's experiences *

Yesterday. Sunday 1-10-10.

My wife and I decided that we would take a drive to a nearby lake that is not too far from out house. We often go bird watching there, as it is host to a variety of seasonal migrants. Getting ready to leave around 10:00AM, I had GR running, and decided I would keep it running for the day. At 10:13AM the word 'SWAM' was transmitted. A few minutes later, the word 'FIELD' then silence.

I thought to myself, ok, well we're going to a place where there is plenty of water, and a few fields too. Interesting.

As stated above, nothing was transmitted after those two words, that is, until I pulled in the driveway. I just purchased a new car, and was coming out of a real high mpg vehicle, so mpg were very important to me as of late (and truth be told, I love tracking mpg for some odd reason anyway). I had just finished commenting on how the new Subaru did (22.2 mpg country driving) and checked the phone as I was walking in the door. There... was the word 'FUEL'.

Can this thing hear me, and blurt out words in a memory bank that have to do with the conversation? Really. There are apps out there that can identify music well enough to get it right, why not a few simple words? I'm not putting you through the mill, Spud, just a ghost geek who's still keeping options open at this point. I GOTTA read more about Quantum Flux, too!

From 2:43PM to 2:55PM the GR-Vox went on a tear. My wife was getting ready to leave to go to a coworker's memorial service for their 1 year daughter who just passed away a few days ago. I believe it was stated that it was sudden infant death syndrome. These are the words that were transmitted:

COST/DUTY/HUNT/HOLLOW/WORK/OUTSIDE/WHOLE/MAJOR/ROAR/DREW/TERRIBLE/NOSE/SUPPLY/PROPERLY/RAYS/SUPPOSE

That's 16 words in 12 minutes. I tried to make heads or tails of it, but only by glueing things together here and there. It was the timing (once again), and relation of some words that really struck me.

I have had GR running consistantly now since then, and still the last word transmitted was 'SUPPOSE'

I wanted to note that I have noticed at least one word that another online user has stated they too have seen: HUNT

This is not to say that the same words can't appear twice (that'd be crazy!) but can we notice any patterns? Irregular quantities of certain words? You get the idea, I'm sure.

This is the voice of Free Arcadia -H-

acturbo

Reaction score
I will post my first days experience with this particular app as well.

Downloaded the app today at about 12pm. First word I get is "tall", I work in a skyscraper so it makes sense. A few meaningless words, then I get the word "organize", didnt think anything of it till I realized I left my tea cup out by the kitchen sink, again just silly things, generalities perhaps. Right before I leave work I get the word "vessel", I'm thinking no kidding its 5pm they probably send this one to everyone at 5pm haha. Well on the way home I got a screw stuck in my tired and spent part of my evening changing a tire on the side of the road. We get back home and let the dog out and the word "attention" appears obvious the dog wants attention but how does this thing know that, following this we were in a hurry to leave the house again but the dog would not eat, the word "difficult" appears. Finally he decides to eat but right before he does the word "food" appears on the screen, after he finishes eating I'm about to walk out the front door and the word "front" appears on the screen. Head to wifes mothers house who made us dinner and I get the word "cook".

All in all some pretty cool stuff, it should also be mentioned that after the word cook at the mother in laws house I have gotten nothing but meaningless jargin. Some pretty cool stuff today and I will def be trying it in days to come.

girkip

Reaction score
Any way for me to be able to send texts without the words being erased or the app having to readjust again?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any way for me to be able to send texts without the words being erased or the app having to readjust again?

Press the Home button instead of the back arrow. The Home button apparently keeps the app running in the background. Hitting the 'back' arrow closes out the app.

acturbo

Reaction score

Press the Home button instead of the back arrow. The Home button apparently keeps the app running in the background. Hitting the 'back' arrow closes out the app.

This does not work for me, if I press the "home" button and then go back into the program it restarts. Also no notification of the program running is shown in the taskbar.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

This does not work for me, if I press the "home" button and then go back into the program it restarts. Also no notification of the program running is shown in the taskbar.

My bad, I forgot a key part. To leave the app running press the Home button... Ghost Radar will stay open... in order to go back into the App without 're-opening' it.... long press on the Home key to bring up the 'recent apps' window. Click on Ghost Radar from there. It's a half-arsed work around that basically keeps the same instance of Ghost Radar running. It's not ideal, but it works :)

If you click on the Ghost Radar icon anywhere else it registers this as a new instance of the app running, so it will over ride the one you left 'open'.

acturbo

Reaction score

My bad, I forgot a key part. To leave the app running press the Home button... Ghost Radar will stay open... in order to go back into the App without 're-opening' it.... long press on the Home key to bring up the 'recent apps' window. Click on Ghost Radar from there. It's a half-arsed work around that basically keeps the same instance of Ghost Radar running. It's not ideal, but it works :)

If you click on the Ghost Radar icon anywhere else it registers this as a new instance of the app running, so it will over ride the one you left 'open'.

That does work, thanks for the tip Martin.

OP
H

harlock

Reaction score
Words, A Flirty DROID, & Roopers

GR has been running continuosly on my DROID with the exception of the 'reboot' last night around 9:25PM. When I say reboot, I mean 'killing' the program (GR) in an app like Task Manager, then restarting GR. This will wipe your saved words in GR, but will guarantee that GR will reboot, and offer you a fresh start... and we've all read about the warm-up period.

I have noticed what others have claimed, that GR will immediately start spitting out info for the first 5 - 30 minutes (at least those are the parameters I've seen noted). Last night during the reboot it said, EXPERIMENT, almost immediately. I have noticed that several times now I have perhaps 'woken up' GR when unlocking my phone and cranking up the app, and it will toss me a bone right away, then silence... could be an impulse reaction for the sensors, or hey, if it's made for entertainment purposes...

A few minutes later I recieved: AVAILABLE, TRADE, BASEBALL. Now ok, two of the words associate, but I can't find any relavent meaning to them currently. An hour later the word BUSINESS came through at 10:30PM then silence. I went to bed shortly after that, but this final word didn't mean much to me either. Oh well... In the 15 years experience I have ghost hunting, I can recall plenty of times when you don't get much of anything usefull, so it's to be expected here too at times.

THIS MORNING

GR was running on my DROID through the night. I woke it up in the AM and it still said BUSINESS from the night before. Shrug. Around 9:30AM I decide to check out the app again, and have another one of those shaken Driody syndromes, as the GR-VOX transmits the word RAPIDLY. It made no sense to me other than I've noticed that I get words when taking this app out of some higher form of hibernation, as it does run in the background.

THE FLIRTY BIT

I check my phone at 12:36PM during my lunch, and the app once again spits out a word almost immediately... TONGUE. My favorite bit about this transmission was the scrolling text 'ooXo Ooo' then Transmissions cease for several hours. It gave me a good laugh. Worth the .99c now I suppose :)

6:31PM the name PETER is transmitted followed a minute later by the word SING. Scrolling words went by that read 'oooOH Hoo'. None of this means anything to me. Who knows.

ROOPERS

Once again my cat seems to have altered the Quantum Flux! My cat, Roopers, who I have mentioned before for having had interesting coincidences with GR experiences, greets me by my desk. GR-VOX gives me the name, JIM. This cat has had sooo many names that this too was both odd, comical, and good for a personal chuckle.

10:59PM We had just finished watching a movie, and I pulled my phone off the charger (funny finding it there, right? haha). At first a couple of random letters went by on the scrolling text. I noticed Roopers coming closer to me. The random letters got more frequent, the level bar went up, and the word COPY was transmitted. "Copy cat?" I thought. Cat humor? Wild imaginations?

CONCLUSION

It just happened again. I picked up the DRIOD, and just waved it around a little bit then noticed the level go up, and a few random letters scrolled on the moving text. It settled down after a few seconds. Is anybody else noticing this? I suspect that I may be jostling the sensors for a short time as the DROID gets over a minor case of Vertigo, then returns to normal.

SIDE NOTES

There definately needs to be a feature to log the scrolling text that occurs. Especially if you're using the app on HI, or just aren't watching the scrolling text all friggin' day and night long :)