Getting Verizon page on wireless tether

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by dhinged, Nov 21, 2010.

1. dhinged

dhinged Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I connect to Wireless Tether (comes with Bugless Beast v0.5) from my laptop, and if I try to go anywhere, I get Verizon's page saying I can sign up for wireless tethering for $20/month.

Before Bugless Beast v0.5, I could tether no problem. I think this may have something to do with the baseband update (part of the extras from ROM Manager in the Bugless Beast section). Is this true? Is there no way around this? I get the same page on USB tether.

2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I use wireless tether with my rooted Droid. I've not run BB for quite some time so I do not know if that is the issue or not. Have you considered switching roms?

Mike

3. james4133

james4133 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been using BB v 0.5 since shortly after it came out, and tether using the included Wireless Tether app approx. 1-2 times (sessions) each week without any problems. Did it ever work for you, or is this something that recently started happening?

I have am running baseband C_01.43.01P . Don't know if this is the same one that was included in the toolkit.

4. dhinged

dhinged Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yes, but I don't want to switch ROMs. I want other people who actually run Bugless Beast v0.5 to weigh in on this, preferably if they've run into the problem and/or have a solution.

5. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Understand! Someone running BB already has replied. Good luck.

6. dhinged

dhinged Member

Ratings:
    +3
    It worked for me on a previous ROM (I don't remember which) which was using the 1.3 baseband. I'm using only the stock tools in the current Bugless Beast, but I updated all of the ROM Addons from ROM Manager, which are the Search Button Fix, Stock Brightness, Compcache Support, C_01.43.01P Baseband, and StageFright Fix. I don't want to go down the wrong road here but I can't tell if it's Bugless Beast, the baseband update, Wireless Tether, or some sneaky thing Verizon, Motorola, or Google has done.

7. james4133

james4133 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had applied the 43 baseband update prior to BB V0.5, but didn't apply the Stock Brightness, Compcache, or stagefright fixes. The wireless tether version I am running is v2.0.2, not sure if this was included in 0.5, but it is the current version available in the market.
    Interesting that you're having the same problem with wired tether, I haven't tried this, as when I'm tethering, I'm also working on the sd card, and the last time I tried this, I found I couldn't use the USB tether and access the SD card at the same time.

8. DHO

DHO Member

Ratings:
    +1
  9. pa9747

pa9747 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using BB v5 with the .43 baseband. The only fix I added was the brightness which was really bugging me. I'm not a heavy wireless tether user (once a week) but no problems here.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

10. dhinged

dhinged Member

Ratings:
    +3
  11. drumtrucker

drumtrucker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just tried the Wireless Tether and did NOT get Vz page. I am not sure if it is the one in .5 or restored version of what I had previously. I do remember getting that page a while back but not what the circumstances were at the time. It did lead me to install the Wireless Tether for Root users (I think same as above post?) app from market which does NOT invoke Vz.

I am inclined to think I am using the BB included version, because when I looked at it in Market it did not say 'installed'

#11 drumtrucker, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  12. dhinged

dhinged Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I think it is the app on BB, so I will try the market version instead.

Search tags for this page

i am trying to tether with my rooted droid x but i keep gett