getting vcf files on a web server into contacts

adamk75

Reaction score
So I have an interesting predicament... Basically, if I load up http://go.mckella280.com/dam/vcf/adamk.vcf in the droid browser, it will display the content of the file rather than prompting me to download and save the vcard information to.my contacts

Yet if I bring the same thing up in the browser on my Blackberry, it adds the the information to my contacts.

And, finally, if I click on the whenimmobile.vcf link in this bug report ( Issue 3537 - android - VCF file attachment in email should be recognized and importable to contacts by default - Project Hosting on Google Code ), on the droid, it downloads the file and adds the information to my contacts...

Any suggestions on how I can get this working?

Adam

birdboy63

Reaction score
I am the whenimmobile.vcf guy and the person who opened Issue 3537. This issue is driving me nuts as well, adamk75. I didn't know until I saw your post today that the card is actually successfully downloadable on the droid from the forum topic, thank you for bringing this to my attention. Not that it does us any good, though; the card still is illusive as a straight download, I get the same results you do; and you can't directly hyperlink to the link on the issue topic, you get an error. So I am in the same predicament as you are; but it looks like others, like ScanLife, have figured out the solution. Please post your comment which started this thread in the issue 3537 topic and hopefully it will be addressed.

Best,
Jonathan Thaler
Founder, When I'm Mobile