Getting upgrade, dunno which Droid

wil318466

Reaction score
i have only had my inc for2 days but these are the points to consider between the two as far as i can tell so far.

moto droid -
-physical keyboard
-noise canceling dual mic system
-slightly better resolution
-can get root access =wifi tether and other customizations

droid Inc. -
-faster (yes faster than a droid clocked to 1.2, i had one)
-sense ui (dont knock it till you try it, its great)
-far superior camera
-far superior music player
-no physical keyboard
-native flash player (better than skyfire)

The HTC is faster than an OC Droid? Hmm... now you have me thinking.

Guchi

Reaction score
i have only had my inc for2 days but these are the points to consider between the two as far as i can tell so far.

moto droid -
-physical keyboard

droid Inc. -
-far superior camera
-no physical keyboard

as far as the benchmarks goes apparently not but i had an oc'ed droid since the droid got overclocked and the Inc. is smother and faster than my droid ever was.

wil318466

Reaction score

moto droid -
-physical keyboard

droid Inc. -
-far superior camera
-no physical keyboard

as far as the benchmarks goes apparently not but i had an oc'ed droid since the droid got overclocked and the Inc. is smother and faster than my droid ever was.

I really, truly think its a software issue. I really feel like Android is just not optimized fully yet. I'm not a technical expert, so I can't guess what it is, but SOMETHING makes the Droid a bit laggy, and its the software.

If it makes you Droid owners feel any better, it seems a *ton* of people are screaming bloody murder when it comes to the battery life on the Incredible.

The battery life on the Droid has increased (for me, anyway) dramatically. I really couldn't be happier about battery performance, I'm just a bit annoyed with lag.

Guchi

Reaction score
my incredible is ok on battery i am 6 hours off the charger at 61% and i have been on it pretty heavy on web installing games testing games exc.

Serialkilla

Reaction score
Seriously, just check them both out for yourself. You're going to get mixed replies about both devices, good and bad. It's all a matter of personal preference, and I also believe every device has little differences of their own as well, that make some better than others in certain areas. I have both devices, and MY opinion is that my Incredible is better than my Droid was, even being rooted and overclocked 1.2ghz. Whatever. It's a matter of your own taste. You may find that playing with the device in the store that you like it alot, but then get your new one home,and start playing with and realize you don't like it as much as you thought.
Make your own decision on it - try one,buy one. If you're not happy with it, take it back and swap it, you have 30 days, use em!

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really, truly think its a software issue. I really feel like Android is just not optimized fully yet. I'm not a technical expert, so I can't guess what it is, but SOMETHING makes the Droid a bit laggy, and its the software.

If it makes you Droid owners feel any better, it seems a *ton* of people are screaming bloody murder when it comes to the battery life on the Incredible.

The battery life on the Droid has increased (for me, anyway) dramatically. I really couldn't be happier about battery performance, I'm just a bit annoyed with lag.

As we used to say about engines, there is no substitute for cubic inches. The Snapdragon processor is simply faster than the Moto Droid's. The Droid can be overclocked but it will pay a price for doing so either in terms of unpredictable performance or longevity, or both.

There's another old saying that applies in this case. Physics don't allow for free lunches.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously, just check them both out for yourself. You're going to get mixed replies about both devices, good and bad. It's all a matter of personal preference, and I also believe every device has little differences of their own as well, that make some better than others in certain areas. I have both devices, and MY opinion is that my Incredible is better than my Droid was, even being rooted and overclocked 1.2ghz. Whatever. It's a matter of your own taste. You may find that playing with the device in the store that you like it alot, but then get your new one home,and start playing with and realize you don't like it as much as you thought.
Make your own decision on it - try one,buy one. If you're not happy with it, take it back and swap it, you have 30 days, use em!

^^^^^^
+100. Threads on this subject ;)

And there will be 100 more.

Orion223

Reaction score
Hey everyone Im finally up for an upgrade and at a loss on what to get. Moto Droid or Droid Incredible, get them both at same price. I like having a physical keyboard but not heard good things from the Moto Droid about. Using Samsung Omnia crappy touch screen keyboard. I did like the HTC keyboard on Droid Inc but still caught between the two. :( Any suggestions?
As the second poster said, if you want to root/customize, the Droid with the keyboard is the way to go; the main drawback is that, as of right now, there isn't an Android system on the market that supports Bluetooth Voice Dialing; that can be a deal breaker if you drive a lot.

Serialkilla

Reaction score

^^^^^^
+100. Threads on this subject ;)

And there will be 100 more.
Yeah, unfortunately. I think it should be posted on the main page of the forum, that asking for help on deciding what device to get won't be allowed - instead, have a list of threads or sites that do hands on comparisons so people can read, and make their determination from there.
I am in no way trying to flame or insult anyone in anyway - but there are just way too many threads about help in decision making on devices...

WeakChopper

Reaction score
No one can tell you what you like. Unless you're a robot.

My husband absolutely needed the physical keyboard to live...until we went to the store to play with both phones. He got the Incredible.

I like the Incredible simply because it is thinner and that is important to me. I hate a big bulky phone and I didn't care either way about a physical keyboard.

Only you can decide which phone you're going to enjoy. You're just going to torture yourself reading one person saying, "Inc." and then the very next person saying, "Moto." back and forth.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Coming from the Omnia too.....seeing as you didnt get arrested for murdering your phone......I feel it is my duty to help you out.

I can tell you, the screens are waaay better than the Omnia. U cant go wrong with either.

Since there were numerous posts about "get whats best for you", "get what you like", Imma just repeat what some have said already:

Get whatever phone you are drawn to. They both are big step ups from the Omnia.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Thats the key right there. If both were running Sense and both where clocked at the same speed, Guchi would not have noticed a performance difference between the two.

Sense is deeply ingrained into the Incredible. There is no other UI until you get deep down and the Android UI takes over and its a seamless transiiton. Sense is not just a simple home launch, it is much, much more. While it is a pig, there is no denying it performs better than the native android UI.

Last edited:

Mikegreco16

Reaction score
Coming from the Omnia too.....seeing as you didnt get arrested for murdering your phone......I feel it is my duty to help you out.

I can tell you, the screens are waaay better than the Omnia. U cant go wrong with either.

Since there were numerous posts about "get whats best for you", "get what you like", Imma just repeat what some have said already:

Get whatever phone you are drawn to. They both are big step ups from the Omnia.

I concur the Omnia was a POS and I bought it when it first came out and dropped like 300 or 350 i forget, whatever it was it was way to much. Windows Mobile is the worst phone OS I have ever used.