Getting this forum on Google Reader

Droidology

Reaction score
Forgive the noob question, but I would like to get this forum on my google reader, yet when I enter the URL it only links with the main Droidforums.net forum. Any advice?

Thanks

smokeyrd

Reaction score
Im not sure about google reader...never used it. I use tapatalk on my phone. Not that it helps you with your direct issue but hopefully itll get things rolling

jaybogg

Reaction score
Forgive the noob question, but I would like to get this forum on my google reader, yet when I enter the URL it only links with the main Droidforums.net forum. Any advice?

Thanks

What URL are you saving to Google Reader? The one you described is either "www.droidforums.net" or Reader is truncating it to this would be my best guess. If you are trying to get to droid razr sub-forums, enter this "http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-forum/" (without quotes) into your Reader. Never used reader but hope this helps.

OP
D

Droidology

Reaction score
jaybogg: Thanks, I tried that and no dice, just reverts back to the main forum. So I guess the next question is, beside Tapatalk are there any other good forum reader apps? Kinda cheap and don't feel like shelling out $4 for an app.

jaybogg

Reaction score
jaybogg: Thanks, I tried that and no dice, just reverts back to the main forum. So I guess the next question is, beside Tapatalk are there any other good forum reader apps? Kinda cheap and don't feel like shelling out $4 for an app.

I have never used the droid forums app, even though I have it installed. When I invoke it, it goes to droidforums.net. There is a simple list displayed of the subforums. Are you trying to save the extra keystroke or two, just trying to figure the app out(this is usually what gets me digging deeper on apps and phone features), or you are not getting this list? Seems odd that the reader truncates the URL.

OP
D

Droidology

Reaction score
Yeah not sure why it is doing this. It has Droid Forum-Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum as the title. Then it displays the most recent posts for what appears to be the entire forum, not just Razr Maxx. BTW this is all based on subscribing to the URL jaybogg posted, just to keep everything straight.

OP
D

Droidology

Reaction score
Just got it to work. Turns out subscribing through the browser RSS and pushing it to google reader worked. Thanks for the help!