getting the X tomorrow please help me unroot my droid.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Nickdroid86, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Nickdroid86

Nickdroid86 New Member

I have rooted 2.2 on my moto droid and I have clockworkmod. I downloaded the file for the recovery img and boot img, also downloaded the virginoem-backup file which says to extract into nandroid>backup, which I don't have on my sdcard only the clockworkmod backup and restore which I tried but don't have the option to select which backup I want, also I downloaded the 2.0.1update file and renamed the file to update.zip and tried flashing which also failed. Please help.
  2. gonnadie4thegov

gonnadie4thegov New Member

download rom manager, flash the newest clockworkmod

then go down to download rom and choose stock images. Then download the stock image and choose stock (no root)

Though why are you trying to unroot it? You could still sell the phone rooted, just make sure the person buying it knows that
  3. Nickdroid86

Nickdroid86 New Member

Because I'm turnin it in on the droid x I only have to pay a $50 difference. That's all I do to unroot and wipe the old SU and all?
  4. gonnadie4thegov

gonnadie4thegov New Member

that will reload stock 2.0.1 onto your phone, you can then leave it or check for updates and download stock 2.1

Do a wipe data and cache with it and you will be fine.

Hell even if you turn it in rooted it will prob be fine (not that i would do it). Most likely it will go to a tech that will just flash the stock 2.1 sbf onto your phone to make sure you left no data.
  5. Nickdroid86

Nickdroid86 New Member

I did what you first said and downloaded the stock images and it prompted to reboot into recovery I hit ok and all it did was restart the phone so I manually rebooted into recovery then flash from sd card and chose file and there was nothing there to select?
  6. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    follow the link in my signature. Its a step by step instructions to root and if you scroll down, how to unroot. That will get you where you want to be.