Getting the most out of your battery

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by mynamesjose, Jan 6, 2011.

1. mynamesjose

mynamesjose Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After getting my replacement droid a few months ago I was hesitant to re-root because I didn't like the battery life. I was just curious to see what some other people do to save battery on their overclocked phones.

2. NewAge

NewAge XOOM Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +14
    Loving my battery life with Juice Defender.

If overclocked, utilize the profiles for screen on/screen off.

Try an ULV 1.1, or 1.2 setting with stage fright on and see how that works for both the best speed and battery life. Performance governer when screen on, on demand gov with max mhz down to 400 when screen off.

And learn to put your phone down. There is more to life and it helps battery life ;)

Edit: To increase the enjoyment a little check out Tasker.

My screen brightness is set to 0% when the phone is unplugged. When I plug in Tasker sets screen brightness to 60%, enables autosync, turns screen timeout to 10min. As soon as I unplug it reverts back to my "unplugged" profile.

There are a ton of other advanced profiles Tasker offers on their website that are hard to difficult to understand and implement properly.

Its sometimes not fun being a battery Nazi. Tasker automatically reminds me everytime I plug in how awesome this phone is!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

3. mynamesjose

mynamesjose Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I have diffrent settings on Set CPU, so when my screen is of the processor doesn't run over 250. I always feel like juice defender does more harm then good. I'm gonna try it again and see if I can find a combo that works. I don't use my phone alot, but I love the autobrightness. What good is the beautiful screen if I constantly have to look at it dimmed. Thats the one feature I want to not have to disable.

4. NewAge

NewAge XOOM Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +14
    Then you will suffer poor battery life by using autobrightness. Unless you are using your phone for two hours a day, then it doesn't really matter.

Even at the displays lowest setting my battery manager shows my display as using more power than anything by 20%.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

5. rollo69

rollo69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use SetCPU and with the settings I use, moderate use, and I also use Auto brightness as well my battery usually last at least 2 days without recharging. More if less use. My phone doesn't like the ulv or lv kernel so I use chevy's med 1 ghz from the latest batch of kernels ( third chevy release if not mistaken ). If your still using the 1.2 kernel maybe try lower one but just an idea because I don't know how you use your phone ( i.e. gaming, constant web use and such). I have also turned off constant updating through phone settings since I don't use phone for facebook or email.
    Trial and error is only option to finding what best fits your needs, at least for me that worked.

6. mobile_sensei

mobile_sensei Team Liberty
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Drain battery untill phone shuts down, charge to 100%, Battery Pull, Reboot into clockwork recovery, wipe battery stats, reboot system & enjoy... its not that tje new lithium battery develop memory like older batteries, just need to get the software @ battery synced.

Sent From My DROID X Running SS X - Using Taptalk Pro

7. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    No need to wipe batt stats in recovery. U can do it more effectively with root explorer or terminal. Located in /data/system ..delete batterystats.bin. do it while ur phone is 100% and then allow ur phone to die from no juice...then recharge to 100. This is calibration of ur cpu to charged and discharged points

sent from the rooftops

Search tags for this page

how to get more battery life out of moto x

how to get the most out of your droid x battery

how to get the most time droid battery