Getting stuck while trying to ROOT

droidxgeek

Reaction score
I downloaded unrevoked3 and installed the ADB software to my computer and tryed to perform the rooting process. After the phone was set to USB debugging mode and what not the rotting began. After it rebooted a few times i get this message ""waiting for bootloader; make sure driver is installed". i tried numerous amounts of time still the same result. Is there anyway around this or should i try this method from another computer

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Are you attempting to root an Incredible (I ask because your name indicates you have a Droid X and your phone information is blank)? If so, how new is your phone? If it's one of the new Incredible models then you need more than just that tool, I believe.

OP
D

droidxgeek

Reaction score
Are you attempting to root an Incredible (I ask because your name indicates you have a Droid X and your phone information is blank)? If so, how new is your phone? If it's one of the new Incredible models then you need more than just that tool, I believe.

yes i have the incredible and it has the 2.2 update.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Oh, and Good Luck! :) If you run into any problems don't hesitate to ask there or here. You might get a response faster there, and it might be more on-topic, as I don't have an Inc, but I can look for you if you can't find it.

OP
D

droidxgeek

Reaction score
Oh, and Good Luck! :) If you run into any problems don't hesitate to ask there or here. You might get a response faster there, and it might be more on-topic, as I don't have an Inc, but I can look for you if you can't find it.

i just follwed the instructions and i get the same thing.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Edit: Nvm.. Someone beat me to it. :)

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Doug, you took the words right out of my mouth. OP, did you read the tutorial and follow the links for the driver exactly? Even if you have an SLCD device, the rooting process itself is the same. The extra step comes after unrEVOked has run and we can walk you through that with another tutorial.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm, the tutorial that was linked to above contains complete instructions, including driver download and installation (written in bold red colors as the most important step). Many people have used the guide without any issues but we would certainly update it if you find deficiencies in it. If so, Marco, please PM me so we can make the tutorial as helpful as possible.

Marco Montana

Reaction score
Hmm, the tutorial that was linked to above contains complete instructions, including driver download and installation (written in bold red colors as the most important step). Many people have used the guide without any issues but we would certainly update it if you find deficiencies in it. If so, Marco, please PM me so we can make the tutorial as helpful as possible.

I'm not good enough to scan or review your system, I can only say from reading your guide.... Its way more confusing then the guide from Unrevoked.

The software was simple but their picture play by play of the hboot was considerably easier to follow for a noobie like myself then a
==========
Now
==========
etc. where any number of things could happen.

No dis-resrepect was intended whereas I see you must have felt attacked to have defended yourself.:)

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't feel attacked or defensive at all- just confused. We do everything we can to make things as easy to follow as possible, and if something isn't working we change it. That goes for IF.com and DF.net. The goal is to help people, so I appreciate hearing suggestions.