Getting rid of widgets?

LMac8806

Reaction score
I have something I am assuming a widget that pops up when I wake my screen up. It has a clock with hours, minutes, seconds, and then below that it says "Your Widgets - press back to resume last screen, or home to run launcher". I'm not sure where it came from, and I have no idea how to get rid of it. I have been playing around with Handcent, so maybe it came from that. Sorry if this is really vague, I'm still really new to this.

EDIT: Uninstalled Handcent, the thing still pops up. Kind of annoying, I don't want to have to hit "back" or "home" every time I wake my screen up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have something I am assuming a widget that pops up when I wake my screen up. It has a clock with hours, minutes, seconds, and then below that it says "Your Widgets - press back to resume last screen, or home to run launcher". I'm not sure where it came from, and I have no idea how to get rid of it. I have been playing around with Handcent, so maybe it came from that. Sorry if this is really vague, I'm still really new to this.

EDIT: Uninstalled Handcent, the thing still pops up. Kind of annoying, I don't want to have to hit "back" or "home" every time I wake my screen up.

That does not sound like Handcent at all. It sounds like a lock screen app. If you could provide a list of apps you have we could help more effectively.

OP
L

LMac8806

Reaction score
No lock screen apps for me. I actually have an app to skip the lock screen (myLock). I haven't installed anything else in the past couple days, just Handcent....I don't know why any of my other apps would just start making this pop up all of a sudden.

My apps:

10001 Cocktails
Advanced Task Killer Free
AK Notepad
Apps Organizer
Backgrounds
Battery Widget
Beautiful Widgets
Bubble
Caller ID Faker
Handcent (plus 4 font packs)
Constitution
Country Radio
DroidLight
Gesture Search
Gmote
Goggles
Google Sky Map
Google Translate
King Of The Hill Soundboard
Maps
Metal Detector
Missed Call
My Verizon
myLock
Shazam
ShopSavvy
SportsTap
Steamy Window
Swype
Where's My Droid
WikiMobile
xScope

cloud12077

Reaction score
It's myLock app. To remove the pop up open the App Drawer>myLock and uncheck Use widget welcome screen as lockscreen. Hope that helps!

OP
L

LMac8806

Reaction score
Duh...that was simple lol. Sorry to waste forum space with questions like these, but I'm glad to have such a helpful community of folks to answer my ignorant questions. Keep in mind, I've never had a phone that even had the internet before, let alone all these apps :). Thanks again.

cloud12077

Reaction score
Duh...that was simple lol. Sorry to waste forum space with questions like these, but I'm glad to have such a helpful community of folks to answer my ignorant questions. Keep in mind, I've never had a phone that even had the internet before, let alone all these apps :). Thanks again.

The only ignorant question, is a question that isn't asked.

bansheefreak2001

Reaction score
I downloaded a few screen lock Widgets to find a good one. Then I uninstalled two of them and turned the third off but it still locks my screen everytime I let it go idle.