Getting rid of Clockworkmod

metsfan67

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I used to use roms for my dx, but now i no longer want to. I totally got my phone back to normal with no roms or boot logos or anything, but every time i turn it off and then turn it back on clockworkmod comes up. How do i get rid of this?? its quite annoying and if i ever want to sell my dx i wont be able to do so with that. Also if it helps my phone is still rooted but i no longer have roms. Thanks!

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Use these instructions with Root Explorer, you need root to totally remove bootstrap/clockwork

Uninstall bootstrap app first
1. Click mount r/w
2. DELETE
a) system/bin/hijack
b) system/bin/logwrapper
3. RENAME
a) system/bin/logwrapper.bin
4. TO
a) system/bin/logwrapper

OP
M

metsfan67

Reaction score
Thanks, but root explorer costs 5 dollars. Is there any other way to do this or a way to get root explorer for free?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
M

metsfan67

Reaction score
Um what does that mean??? Im sorry but im kind of a noob at this..

detox

Reaction score
Um what does that mean??? Im sorry but im kind of a noob at this..

There are many threads that explains sbf and how to flash. It's a process too long to explain right now. Did you try uninstalling bootstrap?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
M

metsfan67

Reaction score
Yes I did and it didn't work, also where can I find this forum about flashing sbf files?

detox

Reaction score
Ok... you can go here for instructions on how to flash and sbf but you will need to make 100% sure you have the correct sbf file for the system version you are running. You can find this on settings-about phone-system version. If you decide you want to try to flash and sbf and can't find the right sbf file, you can pm me and I can try to find it for you. Can't post it on this site.

Also rsd lite has been updated. Make sure you use rsd lite 4.8 or 4.9

Here is a link for instruction

http://alldroid.org/Default.aspx?tabid=40&g=posts&t=631

OP
M

metsfan67

Reaction score
Woah that seems preety hard, and I bet that could totally screw up my phone right?

detox

Reaction score
Also after the sbf file flashes it will tell you to manually power up your phone(it will be looping at the boot animation at this point) pull the battery and press and hold the home key while inserting the battery. When you see the android with the/! / press the search key. This will take you to recovery and in recovery wipe data-wipe cache- and reboot

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Woah that seems preety hard, and I bet that could totally screw up my phone right?

That $5 app just might sound like the easiest route right about now huh?

Lol...........to sbf back to stock is not very easy, but if you carefully read and pay attention to what your doing then you shouldn't have any problem with it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
M

metsfan67

Reaction score
Well thanks for all your help guys, but I definatley am going to have to go with the root explorer. 5 dollars is alot better then have to pay 200 for a new phone. Can someone walk me through that?

D_meist

Reaction score
Just Maderstcok your phone. Do a search for the term. Its way easier than sbf flashing