1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Getting rid of Bootstrapper

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by GibsonLP460, Jun 11, 2011.

1. GibsonLP460

GibsonLP460 New Member

On the advice of a friend, I rooted my Droid X with Z4 Root and did a backup using Bootstrapper. Now I want to install the newest update 4.5.596, which I understand is not rootable.

I un-rooted my Droid X and uninstalled Z4 Root and Bootstrapper. However, the new update fails to install, and my phone boots into the Bootstrapper menu. I'm assuming the presence of Bootstrapper is why I cannot update. I even deleted the clockwork mod file and contents in Astro file manager.

Now that I've deleted all of my root apps, how can I get past this issue so I can install the update? Obviously Bootstrapper is still on my phone, but I can't control it or get rid of it.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Did I miss something? The first thing you would do is go back to stock with z4Root. Then you just go to the application menu, delete the bootstraps and that should be it. Did you install a custom ROM?
  3. Insidious

Insidious New Member

Same here my sd card got fried so I replaced it and before I replaced it I unrooted and deleted bootstrapper but when I boot it up takes me into the menu! Idk if I need to sbf or not!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  4. GibsonLP460

GibsonLP460 New Member

No custom ROM. I Un-rooted, uninstalled any root related apps, and tried to install the latest android update. It fails, and the bootstrapper menu that you control with the volume and camera buttons opens.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  5. khusson1

khusson1 New Member

Having exact same problem! Did factory reset too and still boots into clockwork
  6. iSnipeCattle

iSnipeCattle New Member

On an unrelated note - Is there anyway to stop it from booting into clockwork every time I reboot my phone? It's annoying. :blush:
  7. khusson1

khusson1 New Member

Posted this topic in the help section and was told we have to sbf it back to stock to get rid of clockwork
Search tags for this page

how to get ride of steam bootstrapper