getting replacement TB today, how to swap stuff over.

turdbogls

Reaction score
OK, i am getting a new TB in the mail today (old one could not pick up 4G at all)
the guy at verizon said programing the phone "a little more complicated with the SIM card" but is it really.

i am very crunched for time over the next couple days, then leaving town for a week and a half. so i need to do this today. isn't it just a matter of transfering over the SIM and letting it program itself? and all is good?

let me know what you did to your replacement to get it working without the help of a vzw rep

Johnw

Reaction score
Once you transfer the SIM card, the refurb phone will look just like your existing phone when it was brand new. Sometimes the refurbs are not factory reset and so if you do not see the setup screen on first boot, I would recommend doing a factory reset first.

After that, you will have to reload apps, readd accounts, etc.

The only thing I've even lost are the contacts that were added as "Phone Contacts" instead of "Google Contacts". I now realize the difference and always add "Google Contacts".

OP
T

turdbogls

Reaction score
Once you transfer the SIM card, the refurb phone will look just like your existing phone when it was brand new. Sometimes the refurbs are not factory reset and so if you do not see the setup screen on first boot, I would recommend doing a factory reset first.

After that, you will have to reload apps, readd accounts, etc.

The only thing I've even lost are the contacts that were added as "Phone Contacts" instead of "Google Contacts". I now realize the difference and always add "Google Contacts".
great, thanks
i have done a factory reset 100 times so its no biggie. and thankfully i learned LONG ago to always use google for my contacts.
thanks again.