getting ready to do fdr

sunshine81039

Reaction score
I am getting ready to do a FDR and am looking for some apps to help back everything up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am getting ready to do a FDR and am looking for some apps to help back everything up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Are you rooted?

If not, you can use GoSMS to backup your text messages, Google should backup all your contacts, double check. That's probably about it if you're not rooted.

If you are rooted, check out Titanium Backup.

OP
S

sunshine81039

Reaction score
Um im not rooted.....Rooted? Where can I find out more about that?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Um im not rooted.....Rooted? Where can I find out more about that?

It's a process and has a learning curve. Basically it gives you read/write access to the entire system, allowing you to run root applications which have greater functionality than non root apps, however, if not careful, you can seriously mess your phone up and have to restore to stock, losing everything. There are guides and tutorials in the hacking section and I think some of the rooting guides are stickied.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
So what actually happens when you do a FDR? As in using the FDR option in the Privacy menu. I have the Back Up My Data option checked, and the Automatic Restore option is checked.

I don't planning on doing a FDR just curious what actually happens. I am on the .215 leak and didn't do a FDR after adding it but I have not had any issues with the leak either.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Doing an fdr (factory data reset) deletes all apps, settings and data off your phone, bringing it back to brand new state. So, if on 215, doing an fdr will erase everything on your internal storage and when done you will have a fresh brand new install of .215.

OP
S

sunshine81039

Reaction score
I have read some things about the 215 leak how or where can i go to read how to do this?