Getting ready to add 2 new lines + 4g smartphone purchase...

unboostedzc

Reaction score
So right now Ive had my DroidX since September so my upgrade date is quite a ways down the road.

Right now Im getting ready to do the following and want to make sure everything's good:

-Upgrade my individual plan to a familyshare plan while retaining the unlimited data on my primary line (Droid X).
-Add a phone I already have on to the account w/ basic talk/text.
-Within the next couple of weeks, purchasing a 4G LTE phone, signing a new contract and adding a third line to my account.

The third line is going to be for my mom but she doesn't need/want a smartphone whatsoever. Im planning on picking up a cheap phone for her and activating it on my primary # in order to remove the data package on the primary line. I then want to purchase the 4G phone and add the 3rd line to the account, THEN transfer that phone and data plan to my primary #. Ill then transfer the simple phone on line 1 to line 3 for her to use.

That should put me with a single line with unlimited data and two lines sharing the familyshare minutes with no data package. Anyone see any issues with this or should I be good to go in getting the 4G LTE phone to the line 1 phone #?

Beka27

Reaction score
Who is going to be on line #2? I believe you have to keep the data plan on the new line for a certain amount of time, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums