Getting New Droid....PLEASE HELP !!!!

otisdawhino

Reaction score
I currently have the Droid X. I use this ALOT and have ALOT of apps. I just deleted 9800 texts over the last month so I text alot and use internet and talk ALOT....I multitask and my Droid X is simply not cutting the mustard. I will be on the phone and texts come through and its lagging the phone bad. The new update seems to be twice as bad as it was in the beginning. The phone goes crazy and will not allow you to call or use the touchscreen for several minutes. I am just sick of dealing with it. If you do one task at a time it works flawless but any multitasking at all and the processor just gets overloaded really quick. Now, all of my texts come through at least 4 times....I do not know if this is a system loop from Verizon or a software / hardware loop but it makes the lagging on the phone unbearable. I normally have to reboot just to use it. Bottom line, IM OVER IT !!!

I love my Droid X screen size.....my question is.....what is the FASTEST Droid out to date that has the same size screen ?? I am ready to move on so any help that you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Otis Da Whino :)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I currently have the Droid X. I use this ALOT and have ALOT of apps. I just deleted 9800 texts over the last month so I text alot and use internet and talk ALOT....I multitask and my Droid X is simply not cutting the mustard. I will be on the phone and texts come through and its lagging the phone bad. The new update seems to be twice as bad as it was in the beginning. The phone goes crazy and will not allow you to call or use the touchscreen for several minutes. I am just sick of dealing with it. If you do one task at a time it works flawless but any multitasking at all and the processor just gets overloaded really quick. Now, all of my texts come through at least 4 times....I do not know if this is a system loop from Verizon or a software / hardware loop but it makes the lagging on the phone unbearable. I normally have to reboot just to use it. Bottom line, IM OVER IT !!!

I love my Droid X screen size.....my question is.....what is the FASTEST Droid out to date that has the same size screen ?? I am ready to move on so any help that you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Otis Da Whino :)

I'm getting the prime..but there is the Razor coming out soon, or settle for the younger brother of the X and dig the Bionic...it has issues but, a fix will be out soon....

You juss been TAPPED! by the drummer
LIQUID 3.0 or Anything but Stock!!!!
<><>-------------------PEACE---------------------<><>

OP
O

otisdawhino

Reaction score
Razor

Which one of those will have the fastest processor ?? Is the Razor going to be alot faster than anything out now ?? I need the fastest Droid possible to handle the multitasking that I do.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which one of those will have the fastest processor ?? Is the Razor going to be alot faster than anything out now ?? I need the fastest Droid possible to handle the multitasking that I do.

Well, I believe they are @ 1.2mghz but...you may want to check that..trust me...they are both going to be super fast...and also, the Prime seems to be the best pick in my opinion....And any phone you get at this time, with the dual cores..multitasking is not a problem...you'll be able to be online and talk and download while a video is being downloaded...lol

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I believe they are @ 1.2mghz but...you may want to check that..trust me...they are both going to be super fast...and also, the Prime seems to be the best pick in my opinion....And any phone you get at this time, with the dual cores..multitasking is not a problem...you'll be able to be online and talk and download while a video is being downloaded...lol

Also..the Prime has 1gb of ram!!

OP
O

otisdawhino

Reaction score
Awesome !!!

Is the Prime out now ??? I want one TODAY !!!

Willie_gs

Reaction score
I agree with droid2drummer, I wanna get my hands on the RAZR, got tired of waiting on the Bionic 5 months before its official release and ended up with the X2 and love it. I'd say wait for the release (if you can.lol) of the newer ones, check the posts here at the forum for dates and specs.
And enjoy.

RAZR 1.2Ghz 1gb ram
Bionic 1.0Ghz 1gb ram
X2 1.0Ghz 512mb ram

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you do a factory data reset? You still may end up needed to go to a new device but the squirrely behavior you're describing may be cleared up if you do the reset since you've added the GB update.

OP
O

otisdawhino

Reaction score
I have not

I havent done that but Im scared to with all the pain of having to retrieve all of my apps....losing data....etc. Have they gotten a process yet that you will not lose everything ?? I will try the data reset if I can not lose anything. Link me to a good thread on this please :)

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you root your phone and install Titanium Backup you won't lose your apps. You need the paid version for it to back up everything and only have to do the one touch restore, but the free one will still save your apps.

OP
O

otisdawhino

Reaction score
Any idea how long it will take the Razr to come out ??? I am going to research on how to root my phone and use Titanium to back everything up and maybe I can get my phone to work right until the new ones come out. Any threads yall can point me to would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help this far :)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you root your phone and install Titanium Backup you won't lose your apps. You need the paid version for it to back up everything and only have to do the one touch restore, but the free one will still save your apps.

Yes, but be careful restoring system apps on 2md inits....ie.Cm7 and liquid etc...Also data from apps can also cause issues..depends on apps and device's mood..lol

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Any idea how long it will take the Razr to come out ??? I am going to research on how to root my phone and use Titanium to back everything up and maybe I can get my phone to work right until the new ones come out. Any threads yall can point me to would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help this far :)

Rumor is Nov. 10 release for Razr from what I read. It might be in the news forum, so check that section out.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score

Look in the Droid General Discussion section, I think there's a sticky on rooting.