Getting My Nexus Tomorrow

codye91

Reaction score
So, this is gonna be the third phone I'm gonna be brave enough to root. So what are your suggestions on the easiest root method and best roms? I've rooted before, but never gone any farther than free tethering and removing bloatware. So what's the best so far? I'm really excited for this pure android goodness.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
All the rooting methods are good. The latest one is Wug's I believe. I used sbenson's method and it worked flawlessly.

Keep in mind that rooting/unlocking the Nexus requires a factory reset. So if you're going to do it, I wouldn't get too comfortable with your settings/customizations.

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Or anything you put on the internal storage, it will wipe that.

OP
C

codye91

Reaction score
Yeah, I know it will clear everything. It usually does except for my thunderbolt. Somebody found a way to root it without losing anything. But, no worries. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna leave it stock for a few days to play with it and enjoy its features. I'm just trying to find the best rom's for when I'm ready. I've never successfully installed one, but I've always been a fan of Cyanogen Mod. Is it any good for the Nexus?

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, I know it will clear everything. It usually does except for my thunderbolt. Somebody found a way to root it without losing anything. But, no worries. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna leave it stock for a few days to play with it and enjoy its features. I'm just trying to find the best rom's for when I'm ready. I've never successfully installed one, but I've always been a fan of Cyanogen Mod. Is it any good for the Nexus?

Staying stock for a bit is a good idea. Official CM9 isn't out yet but there are many ROMs that include some of the CM teams mods. Here is a list of some of the ROMs that are available now. My personal favorite at this point is Android Open Kang Project. Also ran Codename Android for a while and liked that. Lots of people are happy with GummyNex too. Lots of great stuff to choose from!

bionic805er

Reaction score
Is 500$ worth for a Verizon nexus I seen one on clist in my city and im.thinking of geting it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is 500$ worth for a Verizon nexus I seen one on clist in my city and im.thinking of geting it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Looking around a little that seems about average for Craigslist. You should definitely have the person meet you at a Verizon store to have the phone inspected before buying it.

OP
C

codye91

Reaction score
I'm stealing an upgrade to get mine, and there is also a leftover NE2 50.00 credit on that line too. I should be able to use that right?