Getting my free apps to my new X

nyguy4u

Reaction score
Hello all.. I have hundreds of free apps on my current Droid. I know that Google "saves" the paid apps and transfers them to your new phone. But, does Google save the free apps too?

ffej89

Reaction score
I use mybackup in the market. it well back up all your info (apps, contacts, call log,)to your sd card or online

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The last two times I switched roms all my apps came back down, so yes, they save paid and unpaid apps. As long as you register your phone with the same gmail account you are all set.

OP
N

nyguy4u

Reaction score
Thanks ffe! I'll keep that in mind!

chris, I wasn't aware that Google saved free apps too. I thought I read somewhere that it was just paid apps. I could be wrong too.

The same hold true for Google Voice too?

joscon

Reaction score

chris, I wasn't aware that Google saved free apps too. I thought I read somewhere that it was just paid apps. I could be wrong too.

The market doesn't save your free apps. What he is talking about is a feature of 2.2 (froyo) its once and done.

To be sure, use my backup pro or titanium backup

Both work best if rooted. Titanium backup requires it.
If your not rooted, then my backup pro is your option.

ffej89

Reaction score

The market doesn't save your free apps. What he is talking about is a feature of 2.2 (froyo) its once and done.

To be sure, use my backup pro or titanium backup

Both work best if rooted. Titanium backup requires it.
If your not rooted, then my backup pro is your option.[/QUOTE

Yes i use Mybackup and Astro (i'm not rooted) just to be sure i dont miss anything

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I use AppBrain for my apps. Very handy as if I ever have to restore, I can choose to remove apps if I don't want them back. Too bad it doesn't back up the data I have created within the app. Does MyBackup do that?

Humpa

Reaction score
Cant you just go to market and click 'downloads' ? Wont that list everything?
After a factory reset, or upon getting a new/replacement phone, it will always list your paid apps. With Froyo (once you have been running Froyo), then it will list your unpaid apps too.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Cant you just go to market and click 'downloads' ? Wont that list everything?

That will list what you currently have on your phone, but not what you had before a factory reset or if you get a new phone. Purchased apps should download automatically though.