Getting my Droid today....

pastorbob

Reaction score
I will be heading down to pick up my droid this morning. I settled on the droid after I learned of all the overclocking that is being done and the huge community that is behind this phone. Currently I am with att and have the curve 8300... this will be a nice upgrade.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will be heading down to pick up my droid this morning. I settled on the droid after I learned of all the overclocking that is being done and the huge community that is behind this phone. Currently I am with att and have the curve 8300... this will be a nice upgrade.

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. I think you'll find a huge learning "curve" from your blackberry curve. You may want to just get adjusted on using it on stock for a few days before rooting and overclocking. Just so you can get familiar with it.

Plenty of help however if and when you are ready to jump into that world. We have our own rescue squad available which has shown itself to be a tremendous asset towards the forum. So you'll have plenty of resources for information.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome, and you've made a huge leap coming from BB. Don't be overwhelmed! And we do have a great community here to support the Droid!

OP
P

pastorbob

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I will give it some time to learn, but I am fairly adept with things of this sort so it will probably be by tonight that I will root it and get it to do what I want. I had an iphone in the past and jailbroke it, but this excites me way more than that (well, android in general excites me a ton).

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I will give it some time to learn, but I am fairly adept with things of this sort so it will probably be by tonight that I will root it and get it to do what I want. I had an iphone in the past and jailbroke it, but this excites me way more than that (well, android in general excites me a ton).
Well then you will LOVE this device. Have at it!

OP
P

pastorbob

Reaction score
Well then you will LOVE this device. Have at it!

Thanks, I am sure I am going to lose several hours today messing around with it, now if only best buy would open sooner....

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! You are going to have so much fun.

Mike

OP
P

pastorbob

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I am heading down to Best Buy right now (I am an employee so there are certain perks of doing it all in store). I am sure I will be on here a ton today learning all the different things I can do. Thanks again

shmoo

Reaction score
Yeah you can pretty much bet that what ever planned for the day just went out the window...and probably the ones for tomorrow too! Good luck and have fun oh and welcome! This the beat community out there.