Getting my Droid Eris Monday, Woot

GreenAcid

Reaction score
So, the chance to get a droid pretty much fell in my lap this afternoon. after being an avid BlackBerry user and then switching to an LG EnV Touch (Eww), I Desperately missed having a smart phone. but didn't wanna go back to a BB and didn't really have the money for a droid phone.

so this afternoon comes, and my brother switched to a Droid and gave me the eris from the promotion for free! :D

I know I haven't gotten the phone yet but i couldn't resist. this was the first forum that was on google, when I googled droid forums. I've read pretty much everything about the eris all day, so I know what i'm getting into. (low bat, etc).

I have one question, where can i find a website that has Droid applications (Free and Paid). I've googled it, but the first site is some shotty done website. I kinda wanna pick and choose what I'll be downloading the first day lol.

anywho. glad to be part of the droid family! :icon_ banana:

c3p1

Reaction score
Congrats! While the Eris is not flawless, I am sure you will love it.
There are a ton of app threads, but I recommend you start here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/228-new2us-posting-applications.html
I sat down with my phone and laptop and read through the thread and downloaded the apps that interested me. Then went back to the phone to play with the app. If you dont like the app, you can always delete it.
Good luck and have fun!
Paul

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Green Acid....welcome to the world of Droid. Make sure your brother activated the Eris on whatever line he got it for or it will be locked. Good to hear that Google search yields DF as the first site for learning about Android...it's awesome for info and good people and help.

coondogg97

Reaction score
So, the chance to get a droid pretty much fell in my lap this afternoon. after being an avid BlackBerry user and then switching to an LG EnV Touch (Eww), I Desperately missed having a smart phone. but didn't wanna go back to a BB and didn't really have the money for a droid phone.

so this afternoon comes, and my brother switched to a Droid and gave me the eris from the promotion for free! :D

I know I haven't gotten the phone yet but i couldn't resist. this was the first forum that was on google, when I googled droid forums. I've read pretty much everything about the eris all day, so I know what i'm getting into. (low bat, etc).

I have one question, where can i find a website that has Droid applications (Free and Paid). I've googled it, but the first site is some shotty done website. I kinda wanna pick and choose what I'll be downloading the first day lol.

anywho. glad to be part of the droid family! :icon_ banana:
Welcome! Im sure you will be more then happy with Android!

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Green Acid....welcome to the world of Droid. Make sure your brother activated the Eris on whatever line he got it for or it will be locked. Good to hear that Google search yields DF as the first site for learning about Android...it's awesome for info and good people and help.

That was my question too. The line he upgraded to the Eris with wasn't mine. So we have to activate the phone, and then switch the ISDN numbers via online, correct?

J R

Reaction score
You will Love the ERIS--very easy to use.

If you are porting a number over--the store can help do that.

APPS? You have a Market icon which takes you right to the marketplace. What you will like is that instead of the BB store --most apps cost money and may be limited to certain models ( my friend couldnt get the flashlight app that was limited to the curve and she has a TOUR)---most all the apps are FREE and all you can see should work just fine. If they dont , dump them and get something else.

Its app lovers heaven==I got 100 on my phone now and room for more.

The Press releases say android has 20,000 apps now and maybe 100,000 by the end of the year. GOT APPS?