Getting music onto phone?

cklaich121

Reaction score
I want to get the music out of my itunes onto my droid x. i have never owned a droid before... i want to know how i can get the music out of my itunes on my macbook onto the 16gb card the droid came with

KevinWP

Reaction score
In the app store - iSyncr

It was my first app purchase.

For $2.99 it enables all your itunes playlists (for unencrypted music) and copies them over... assuming you have enough space.

OP
C

cklaich121

Reaction score
i just downloaded it... i didnt even think to check until after but it is made for leopard or snow leopard... i have os x.... any ideas?

jacobrv

Reaction score
leopard and slow leopard are OSX. OSX is 10 point whatever. OSX tiger is 10.4, OSX leopard is 10.5, OSX snow leopard is 10.6. So you probably mean you have OSX 10.4 Tiger. Just thought I would clear that up.

On topic though, if you plug your phone in and enable usb mode, then you can copy the files right out of itunes onto the phone by just dragging and dropping like a thumb drive.

ffej89

Reaction score
double twist is the best but you can also use another one called salling media sync. I went with double twist. Its android's version of itunes. Once you download it, it will copy your itunes library and from there its easy. Do you have itunes? You should be able to just pick and drop into your music file on you phone

DRMMR02

Reaction score
Here's another vote for doubletwist. I'm not copying my whole library, as I have about 90 gigs of music, but doubletwist can read all of your iTunes playlists as well, and gives you the option to only sync certain playlists or drag and drop. I just set it to sync my Top Rated, which is about 5 gigs of music. Any time I rate a song in iTunes and it adds it to the Top Rated playlist, doubletwist automatically updates and resyncs my phone the next time I connect it and run doubletwist.

And it's free.

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
doubletwist worked for me after a bit of futzing with toggling between usb mass storage and charge only and back on my phone's end

REXXX

Reaction score
i just plug my droid into my mac, select the use as a usb mass storage device on the droid x when you first plug it in, then just drag albums from itunes into the usb mass storage device icon that pops up on my desktop... free and simple.

Elkay

Reaction score
dT is slow as balls for me on Windows. Takes 3+ hours to sync. Problem being I have about 100 music videos and it wants to recompress/resync them every time I sync. Dev team is aware of it and investigating a fix. I told them to just have the option of not recompressing video if you choose to. I already have all of my videos at the right resolution/bitrate that I want. No need to have it go bugger it up (and it did, it halved the resolution/bitrate of all of them).

kevroc

Reaction score
Does the X come with it's own media manager? I had the droid a while back and I recall them using some oem version of nero software that synced with itunes and playlists. That's what I used on the droid and preferred that to doubletwist and I'm hoping they ship the same software with the X.

kevroc

Reaction score
Well that answers that, apparently there's NO software in the box...

jst4fun

Reaction score
Medialink works great. Once you have the media link on your computer it is easy.
I use Windows Media Player and when you sync up it puts your phone to the right of the screen in media player and you just drang and drop then sync.