Getting Messages Off of Droid 1

Large Farva

Reaction score
So, I had the original Droid 1 and loved it. It's a great phone and never gave me any real problems. Well last night I dropped it and the screen entire screen went black minus the notification bar. (Luckily I was due for an upgrade and picked up an HTC Incredible 2 earlier today :icon_ banana:. ) The problem I have now is between when I dropped my phone last night and getting my new phone activated, I got a ton of SMS messages on my Droid 1.

What I know so far:
No, it was not syncing my messages to my Google account (lesson 1 learned).
No, I did not turn my phone off right away, which would have caused any messages I would have received to hold their delivery until my new phone was activated (lesson 2 learned).

So, is there any way that I can retrieve those messages? My phone is NOT rooted unfortunately (I don't know if that would make a difference or not).

ironick7

Reaction score
There is an app called SMS Backup that will save messages to your SD. Then I believe u must put that SD in the new phone and install app in new phone. Choose restore. It can take awhile to backup & restore if you have a ton of msgs.