1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Getting Messages Off of Droid 1

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Large Farva, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Large Farva

Large Farva New Member

So, I had the original Droid 1 and loved it. It's a great phone and never gave me any real problems. Well last night I dropped it and the screen entire screen went black minus the notification bar. (Luckily I was due for an upgrade and picked up an HTC Incredible 2 earlier today :icon_ banana:. ) The problem I have now is between when I dropped my phone last night and getting my new phone activated, I got a ton of SMS messages on my Droid 1.

What I know so far:
    No, it was not syncing my messages to my Google account (lesson 1 learned).
    No, I did not turn my phone off right away, which would have caused any messages I would have received to hold their delivery until my new phone was activated (lesson 2 learned).

So, is there any way that I can retrieve those messages? My phone is NOT rooted unfortunately (I don't know if that would make a difference or not).
  2. IrishSmash

IrishSmash New Member

3. ironick7

ironick7 New Member

There is an app called SMS Backup that will save messages to your SD. Then I believe u must put that SD in the new phone and install app in new phone. Choose restore. It can take awhile to backup & restore if you have a ton of msgs.
Search tags for this page

can you get messages off of droid bionic

getting emails off of a droid phone