Getting lag after 2.2.2 update on D1

dasanman69

Reaction score
Anyone else start getting lag after the update? Phone was running smooth before now its all laggy and buggy.

tonydelite

Reaction score
No. 2.2.2 is a really minor update. You can always try clearing your cache partition. I do that after every update out of habit.

OP
D

dasanman69

Reaction score
No. 2.2.2 is a really minor update. You can always try clearing your cache partition. I do that after every update out of habit.

How do I do that? Is it the same cache a cache cleaner cleans? Try saying that fast lol

dcook12

Reaction score
Anyone else start getting lag after the update? Phone was running smooth before now its all laggy and buggy.

I'm going to try to clean the cache also...but after the update I had many problems. I keep trying to think it could just be a coincidence to be positive, but since day one of the update so far the lag is horrendous, battery usage has spiked with no setting changes, contacts with specific ringtones all ring with the default ringtone. No phone log has stopped working. (the app that skips the phone log after a call and goes to the home screen. Like I said could be a coincidence, but all of these changes occurred the day after the upgrade. I know it is a small upgrade which is why it puzzles me how so much can change in a day or two.....haven't downloaded any new apps and haven't changed any settings...hmmmmm

OP
D

dasanman69

Reaction score
Cleared the cache and still laggy. Guess next option is a factory reset.

Raydee35

Reaction score
I just got my update and I have the exact opposite, my phone went from super laggy to really responsive and fast. I was about to get rid of the phone because ever since the 2.2 update my phone has never been the same as it was on 2.1. If it stays running the way it is now I may just keep it until it dies!

Card

Reaction score
I've noticed absolutely zero difference in performance since getting the update last night. I actually had to look up what the update was for, since I could detect no noticeable difference after 2.2.2 loaded up.

mitchb2

Reaction score
How awesome of them to push out an update on the very day I intended to smash this POS with a sledgehammer and throw the pieces into the creek.

Raydee35

Reaction score
I've noticed absolutely zero difference in performance since getting the update last night. I actually had to look up what the update was for, since I could detect no noticeable difference after 2.2.2 loaded up.
How was your phone before the new update? Mine was absolutely slow and laggy as hell ever since the actual froyo update. It has been so bad that I have hated my Droid for a long time. This morning after the new update my phone seems to be running like it should be........lag free!

RoNYC

Reaction score
Many a times I wanted to introduce my D1 to the wall before the update. After the update she is running faster and smoother. dancedroid

tonydelite

Reaction score
reboot into recovery, select wipe cache partition, reboot.
How do you do this?

Power off the Droid completely.
Power it back on while simultaneously holding the X button on the keyboard.
Keep holding X until you see an exclamation point screen.
Now press and hold the volume UP rocker, then press the camera button.

It should bring up a menu after that. Use the dpad to move around and make your selections.