Getting It

timlab1955

Reaction score
So what I'm firguring out is that if the phone doesn't come with it, say a voice recorder, then maybe there's an app for it that will do it? So apps really do make the phone. Am I right about this?

My next question is what type of router do you need for the wifi? I currently have a VoiP 54G from linksys a/b/g, would this work?

Thanks for all the answers from everyone.

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yep its pretty much about the apps.. this way you put only what you want on your phone.

As for the router, Im sure someone else can help you out better with that than me. :)

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
That router should be sufficient.

From home screen press menu > settings > Wireless & networks > Wifi settings

Do you see your wireless network there? If so click on it and type in your password. It should obtain an IP address and connect if all goes well. Near the top of that menu it should say "Connected to DD-WRTKitchen" or whatever your router's name is. Up near your cell reception, you should have the wifi icon, and your 3g/1x should go away.

kyle94481

Reaction score
Also, if there isn't a password you have to put in in order to use the wifi, don't be alarmed and just connect anyway.

EbE404

Reaction score
Also, if there isn't a password you have to put in in order to use the wifi, don't be alarmed and just connect anyway.

I would have said "If there isn't a password, drop what you are doing and secure your network first".