Getting irritated with the nexus.

GoBears

Reaction score
There's always that Seidio car battery sized extended battery available!

OP
L

landofthedroid

Reaction score
Ha those battery's are way too big. I hope manufacturers can pull off what Motorola did with the maxx. I really don't even care about thinness much. It's been mentioned numerous times before but I really hope battery technology advances greatly soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ronimous

Reaction score
4.04 Didn't help with my signal. My old Thunderbolt gets full bars of 4g and great speeds at my house. My Gnex gets maybe 1 bar, average speeds at best. Most of the time it's 2 bars of 3g.

The radio in this phone is garbage. I've flashed a half dozen different radios. Unless you're directly under a tower, don't expect much.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
Here is the key to taking good pictures with the Nexus that most people seem to have never figured out. Tap the screen and the phone will then auto-focus on an object in the area you tapped. Then take the picture. Crystal clear picture with better resolution than my OG Droid and better than my Canon Powershot.

OP
L

landofthedroid

Reaction score
One thing I've done is the inverted screen rendering on the browser since that is what I use the most. It helps since a lot of sites have white backgrounds and I've heard amoled screens do poorly because of that.

Reaction score
I've got juice defender ultimate, and I'm still on the fence about whether it drains more battery life than it saves..

OP
L

landofthedroid

Reaction score
In my opinion I've found that t will only really help with standby time because it turns off the internet. Other than that there's much it can do when you use it for extended periods of time.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
4.04 Didn't help with my signal. My old Thunderbolt gets full bars of 4g and great speeds at my house. My Gnex gets maybe 1 bar, average speeds at best. Most of the time it's 2 bars of 3g.

The radio in this phone is garbage. I've flashed a half dozen different radios. Unless you're directly under a tower, don't expect much.

The bars don't mean anything. They show up based on calculations of how much dbm = how many bars to show. Comparing the bars on the Thunderbolt to the bars on the Nexus is like comparing apples to oranges.

What you want to look at instead if you want to compare one device to another is the dbm in the settings > about phone.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
The bars don't mean anything. They show up based on calculations of how much dbm = how many bars to show. Comparing the bars on the Thunderbolt to the bars on the Nexus is like comparing apples to oranges.

What you want to look at instead if you want to compare one device to another is the dbm in the settings > about phone.

Exactly.. My wife has a Droid 3 and she will show more bars than I show on my GNex... but with 0 bars showing I still have internet and can make calls. I've quit worrying about bars showing and just do my thing as long as the phone is connected. Beauty of VZW, that's nearly all the time and nearly everywhere :)

I am looking forward to the OTA coming simply to have a more graceful transition between 3G/4G. I've driven from a 3G area into a known 4G area and it can take minutes for the phone to switch (if it does at all).

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also in case no ones mentioned it, the Thunderbolt only shows bars and dBm signal for 3G, not 4G. The Nexus is the first phone to actually show a 4G signal, which is why the bars show lower and the dBm show higher.

This isn't an excuse for those who are dealing with a poor signal with the Nexus, or losing data, but simply an explanation for why your other 4G device showed more bars/lower dBm in the same locations.

slider112

Reaction score
^^^
THIS

It's amazing after all this time that this information still isn't widely known.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I'm confused why the Thunderbolt's dBm when connected to LTE isn't an accurate assessment of the LTE signal? It showed up as CDMA / LTE being connected in the about phone section, so I'm not sure why you're saying the Nexus is the first to show it as being connected to LTE. Care to elaborate?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score