Getting great battery life with gnex finally.

spoooon

Reaction score
You need to include screen on time. If I don't use my phone, I'd get 48 hours with it (as would most others).

I typically end up with 12-13 hours with 2 hours of screen on time. The screen burns through the battery big time.

meaker

Reaction score
I love how some on here posting that they are getting x amount of days on the battery. If you are not getting the same then your phone is broke.
If you don't post display on time, how much time you are on wifi over 4g, it really doesn't say much.. I'm sure if I turn my screen all the way down, turned off sync, use wifi or just 3g(no 4g) under clocked; I would get crazy battery life too but I got my phone to use....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Alvarez13

Reaction score
Holy crap!!! 36 to 48 hours? Does your phone even leave your pocket?...lol. I'm impressed with my 18 hours in extended battery and undervolted with almost 4 hours screen time and you're getting 48 hours???

48989e82-93f6-922a.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
What program is that you're using to manage kernals?

pilot25

Reaction score
I love how some on here posting that they are getting x amount of days on the battery. If you are not getting the same then your phone is broke.
If you don't post display on time, how much time you are on wifi over 4g, it really doesn't say much.. I'm sure if I turn my screen all the way down, turned off sync, use wifi or just 3g(no 4g) under clocked; I would get crazy battery life too but I got my phone to use....

Totally agree. I lose 10% overnight with no screen on or antennas on. Android OS and Cell Standby eating up 50% of that 10%. I know the software is broke but returning it will yield the same results.

Nick D

Reaction score
All of you guys that are getting killer battery life, are you actually using your phones???? At home on 3g with autoscreen I'm lucky if I can get the day out of the phone, that's with playing some word games and using Tapatalk. I installed Juice Defender yesterday and it doesn't seem to really be doing a whole lot of battery saving like some of you are getting. What are your secrets???

spoooon

Reaction score
All of you guys that are getting killer battery life, are you actually using your phones???? At home on 3g with autoscreen I'm lucky if I can get the day out of the phone, that's with playing some word games and using Tapatalk. I installed Juice Defender yesterday and it doesn't seem to really be doing a whole lot of battery saving like some of you are getting. What are your secrets???

What's your screen on time? If it's 2-3 hours, than you're getting basically what you should be getting.

OP
M

mercm3

Reaction score
Did more battery testing today, here's my battery life stats using my settings from OP. Btw using my last battery life to make this post hehe.

orion2001

Reaction score
Did more battery testing today, here's my battery life stats using my settings from OP. Btw using my last battery life to make this post hehe.

That looks about right. The limiting factor at the moment seems to be:

1. Screen Power Consumption (not too much that can be done here). You could use a black wallpaper, etc, but I prefer aesthetics over trying to eke out the last bit of battery life.
2. Android OS consumption - This definitely needs to be improved. It seems like something that needs to be patched by Google. I've compared my GN v/s my wife's Rezound, and her OS consumption is always in the single digits, with Screen taking a huge chunk (screen on the Rezound is a huge power hog!)

With the Jame Bond Kernel over on XDA, a CPU overclock to 1.35GHz and undervolted power profiles in SetCPU, my standby battery life is awesome. Less than 1% per hour in standby. 4.5-5 hours of screen time is pretty much the limit for me, with my current set up. I could easily go over a day with light use, so I'm pretty happy and things can only get better with newer kernels and OS/ROM updates.

rasaun87

Reaction score
I thought this was pretty good... moderate use with kang project rom with toro kernel.