Getting Froce Close when shutting down razr maxx

oasisbliss

Reaction score
Getting Force Close when shutting down razr maxx

When I shut down my Razr Maxx I can see a sorry! force close in the background. the shutting down box is covering it so i cannot see what it is trying to force close.....

Should i be concerned about this? anyone else experiencing this?

thanks for your thoughts

M

Last edited:

Chukee

Reaction score
I have never gotten that message before. Sounds like an app not wanting to shutdown like in windows when you turn it off. Might have to narrow down which app is doing this. Try uninstalling a couple at a time and try to replicate the problem. If all of a sudden it stops after uninstalling an app you know which one is doing it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My bionic used to do this. Way back when I first got it. Not any kind of an issue.

Turn up your screen brightness to full and power off the phone.... that's what I did to enable myself to read what the app was. I was only able to make out the first few letters, but that's all I needed. The rest was blocked by the pop up box

OP
O

oasisbliss

Reaction score
no dice even full dispaly cannot see anything descriptive. :(

OP
O

oasisbliss

Reaction score
also i am getting aobut 8-10 hours on my maxx with average use - some emails , texts, word game, light internet ??
this seems low don't you think ?

thanks again

M

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Have you checked you battery usage?? Click on the name of the apps it shows. See if they keep waking the phone up. Charge the phone with it off. Let it charge to 100%.

There's speculation that when the phone is turned on and charging, when a text or an email update comes through... it may fool the charge system into thinking the battery is at capacity and only charge to 70%., just a thought.

As far as the phone showing foreclose on an app when u power down.......

Is there any sort of issue when u use the phone? Or when u power it up?? If not... its like my bionic was before this last update..... don't worry about it. I'm sorry but that's all u can do.... maybe foxkat can further assist you.

He's like the resident go to guy.... knows his stuff too

OP
O

oasisbliss

Reaction score
Thanks.a lot.94.will.try all you said. No issues that I can see.with the force close. Just kind of annoying. :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thanks.a lot.94.will.try all you said. No issues that I can see.with the force close. Just kind of annoying. :)

I hear ya... take a look at my thread... two birds with one maxx..... then get back to me on annoying lol.

Droids can be a little testy, even after you think you know em well. Good luck!!

OP
O

oasisbliss

Reaction score
how many hours should I expect from moderate usage for one day?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Define moderate? I noticed that in your use you play a word game as part of your use. Correct? Something to consider here..... on these phones, the screen is our interface. That being said... when the screen is on even if its just idle for reading, you have all of these background processes working(you can't even see them in running apps) that are there to interpret what you do. Anything from a tap of a letter on the keyboard, or holding to hi-lite words to cut or copy...... scrolling, long or short press.

The screen is everything on these phones. That's why when you look at battery usage you generally find your screen is the biggest battery eater.

Ohhh yeah... do you use the task manager that came pre loaded on the phone???? You should. Open that baby up and put EVERYTHING to auto kill. That way when you shut the screen off, everything gets shut off after 2 minutes. If you don't use this.. you should

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If the forceclose issue gets too annoying, I would do a factory reset and try again.

OP
O

oasisbliss

Reaction score
Ur awesome thx so much. also i notice a little keyboard lag, is that normal? Thx again i really appreciate your time

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ur awesome thx so much. also i notice a little keyboard lag, is that normal? Thx again i really appreciate your time

Your welcome.. I'm not awesome, I just want to help.

Keyboard lag..... well some people say no. My phone had it. If I were you I'd consider doing a factory reset. Also do you have Facebook on your phone?? Lots of friends on there?. If so, consider using the browser for Facebook. I do. Face books app in my opinion is the source of alot of issues on these phones. I deleted it from my phone and it made a huge change.