Getting Flash From Desire ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Melanox, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Melanox

Melanox New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Title is self-explanatory really........since we have the desire rom..........and talented modders........why cant someone take out the components that make the rom flash enabled and add them to another rom? of course after optimizing for the droid and things.......

2. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    There are a couple people (myself included) working on this. The person I have talked to about it is very smart and if its possible we will figure it out. But it's a crapton of work. Im still not at the point of figuring out every file and script needed to port to get it even close.

3. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, it's entirely possible, but is it worth it? I dont want to rain on any Dev's parade, as you all do things that I probably couldnt and wouldnt want to, but I suspect that by the time someone figures it out, Adobe will release their version....

Either way, good luck Devs.

4. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Someone said this regarding making a 2.1 rom once. Said, hey 2.1 will be out soon enough. lol
    Also, it's a good challenge.
    Have you done anything with the framework to see it's possible? If so, id like to get some input from you.

5. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I certainly didnt mean to stomp on your work. I completely agree regarding 2.1, and I'm all for a good challenge.

I havent played with Desire at all. I meant to imply that it's possible in the way that anything is really possible if you get deep enough into the code, not that it's actually been done. Sorry to throw you off, I'm sure you have more experience in this area than I do.

6. Melanox

Melanox New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ah.......well i guess we will just play the waiting game

7. nikkix

nikkix Member

Ratings:
    +0
    good luck to the devs working on it. i dont think some people realize the limitations of flash lite though