Getting Feedback On Hardware I Want To Make

adamcollins

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know I'm new to this forum but I wanted to ask you all a question. I bought the Motorola Multimedia Dock a while back and just recently realized how dissatisfied I was with it. The price was too high and it's just another glossy black electronic accessory.

So, I started sketching possible designs for a dock of my own and began talking to suppliers. If all goes according to plan I will produce two variants of my dock, one made out of a lighter color wood with a stainless steel base and one made out of a darker wood with a darker metal base. Having to always search for my USB cable was a pain so the dock will feature an included retractable cable that is stored in the dock when not in use.

I would like to make different docks for different phones but since I don't want to throw all my money at this I'm just going to offer a solution for the Droid to begin with.

My question to you all is this... would you be interested in a good looking dock made out of premium materials at a price in the low twenties? Obviously you would have to see it before making a buying decision but I just wanted to get some feedback first.

Thanks in advance.

mottling

Reaction score
Yeah, especially with a USB cable included. Maybe you should team up with MIKRADLE..

JasonAsWell

Reaction score
I was thinking about this very thing last night. Started on my own personal solution at work today. Billet baby.:) Good luck with your endeavor. The Droid needs a unit similar to an iPod docking station. Speakers and all that. Hmmmm.....sounds like I need a redesign.

erikfig

Reaction score
Something like the Ipod station will be awesome with speakers!!!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You should look at the Mikradle and figure out how your offering will differ. What advantages will it have over the existing options?

The Droid needs a unit similar to an iPod docking station.
Without a dock connector that will be difficult. The dock would have to have a 3.5 plug or support A2DP.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I already have the moto dock as well and am happy with it. Don't need another. You might be a little late with this.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
My design advice: include a few different speaker options (standard/premium) and make them detachable....The pace of upgrades is a frantic pace and I'm guessing new phones will be incompatible with older docks, so if you can keep the speakers compatible some way then people just need to upgrade the base.

LOL, might as well go for broke and throw in bluetooth connectivty as well to use the speakers for streaming audio while using the phone for something else.

JasonAsWell

Reaction score
Personal project. I smoke wayyy to much MJ to motivate myself to market something like this.

Bluetooth!?! I like it. Back to the drawing board.