getting droid bionic pros/ cons of this phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by indymale26, Oct 10, 2011.

1. indymale26

indymale26 New Member

i currently have droid x2 and pleased with the speed tests, and benchmark scores, hit 2986 on quardrant standard , lack of 4g and front camera why im getting bionic plus love the spec reports, every one weigh in on the bionic if have one only thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Well-Known Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    I would wait. There are some pretty great phones coming out soon. The Bionic had several glitches that people are complaining about. The biggest is the camera. Look into the Razr or the prime or the Vigor...
  3. indymale26

indymale26 New Member

yeah i know

well can least try it out for 14 days all my friends have it and love the phone, heard bout some people having issues but alot people dont as well soo kinda a toss up i guess
  4. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

What? New phones dont have any glitches!
  5. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Well-Known Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    'Member the good old days of phones... Ya... You called people... not to many glitches could happen there! ;)
  6. solution

solution New Member

Keep in mind that vzw charges a restocking fee if you return a phone within 14 days.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  7. tgyberg

Actually I've been incredibly lucky with all three of my phones, no glitches on any of'm! Even when flashing rom's I've never had trouble with some of the reported bugs.
  8. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels New Member

if you're always waiting for the next great phone you'll never have the current best phone.
    Today, the Bionic is the best phone you can buy on any US Carrier. Period.
  9. DrZenga

DrZenga New Member

I love my bionic after coming from the horrible thunderbolt. I love the Ui and stock launcher. I will be getting it rooted, but like i said i like it arock so far, so i won't be putting any new roms on it intil new ones becom available. It's and oversll great phone. I can't explain it in words. You're just going to either find out yourself or just don't buy it.
  10. dihtn

dihtn New Member

I had been waiting since the launch. I was honestly also looking at the iPhone launch as well. Decided on the Bionic this weekend. Extremely fast and smooth. I have no music/sound issues as some have reported. The 4g/LTE is incredible. I would have been extremely dissapointed had I chose the iPhone with 3g service for the next 2 years. I did have an issue with the "dissapearing" aps-they really didn't dissapear for me-the graphics on the icon just went away. As noted on the forum-simply move the ap to the main memory and it is fixed. Zumocast it great. Battery life is very good with the stock battery. One other issue I had was when I put the phone in the standard dock, it was located next to my weather radio and the phone started to randomly buzz. I then remembered reading about that issue and moved the wether radio-problem solved.
  11. Dark_Jedi

Dark_Jedi New Member

I guess i got a good one as well lol. I have not had any problems with my Bionic and is great.
  12. silver6054

silver6054 New Member

And of course you see those statements about phone X in most phone X forums, basically the phone I bought is the best!
    Bionic is good, but if you want say, a hard keyboard, or a global phone, it's not the best phone for you on Verizon, let alone all carriers.
  13. indymale26

indymale26 New Member

bionic

heard new update coming out next month to fix bug problems n phone people have been talking bout!!! btw hows the 3d blur on phone jw
  14. Nyteravyn

Nyteravyn New Member

I unfortunately have the nack of getting the handsets with hardware issues that my personality is unwililng to overlook, that said, I LOVE my Bionic and though it took me 4 returns with hardware issues ranging from loose or ungrounded headset jacks to the ear speaker loose in the handset, this final version has been rock solid and a MUST keep device!
    As silver6054 stated though, it truely depends on your needs, it isnt global... (stay here :)) it has no hard keyboard but there are a ton of bt keyboards ranging from portible fold ups to palm size( literally)... if your into modding , the device is a BEAST... rooted running v1.7[r3]blurr3d from theoryrom has me up all night doing things when i should be sleeping... (fun and exciting things, lol)
    the issues people complain about are personal... i dont concur with many of them? camera being slow etc... I dont see the pixilation many complain about, or my mind ignores it as too trivial to care about.
    The best testimonial i can give would be summed up in ," This is the phone i can live with for 2 years when history has proven me to swap with each new one that comes out" , I've actuall stopped trolling the forums for "The next new Device" and am content in looking for new things to do with my Bionic instead!
  15. Dark_Jedi

Dark_Jedi New Member

^^ I feel the same way.
  16. Blacksheep427

Blacksheep427 New Member

Bye TB

I may be well on my way of getting the Bionic sooner rather than later. ThunderBolt 1 lasted from 3/25 to 10/10. Replacement TB 1 lasted until replacement 2 comes in ASAP. Replacement 1 has a bad mic, that means I cannot use my phone to make phone calls! By the way, my original TB has had an accumulation of all the bugs from each of the OTA's that came out, rebooting, bad batch of GB, etc. So, sooner is better to get off the TB wagon for me.

Oh, I saw on site Hagerstown MD gets 4G 10/20! That is close time and distance wise. dancedroid hey, the phone has to go to the bathroom.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  17. DrZenga

DrZenga New Member

I've been there and done that with the thunderbolt. I enjoyed at first then i felt the hate towards the phone starting to grow. The bionic is a breath of fresh air after having to deal with the TB....
  18. tgyberg

^Moto ftw!
  19. Blacksheep427

Blacksheep427 New Member

Yeah, I guess I should have known not to repeat the HTC purchase which is going just like last year and a HD2. Replace and issue causing replace again. 1 each of HD2 and TB had a bad mic. I'm just building my case to jump TB wagon, I'll be over to Moto Bionic asap.
  20. silver6054

silver6054 New Member

I really liked that! Now in some forums (oh, maybe iPhone say) that might be meant for real ("Why go anywhere outside the US. The app store has everything you need right here at home). Of course, now the iPhone 4S is global (carriers permitting) that now becomes a critical feature totally unavailable on any other phone and invented by Apple.
Search tags for this page

pros and cons of droid bionic