Getting Droid 1 ready to sell

dwts2006

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just upgraded my phone and looking to sell my Droid to pay for the upgrade. I posted an ad online and people are asking if I have a clean ESN. I have no idea what that is. I took everything off the phone (pics, etc) and then went to the settings and hit the Restore to Factory settings button. It looked like it wiped the phone clean. When I turned it back on it shows that Android guy to go through the stuff I did when I first got it (setting up GMail, etc). Is there anything else I need to do? I just don't want somebody to go to activate it and it activates on my number.

ftajeffrey

Reaction score
Sounds as if you are good to go. Them asking about a clean ESN is just making sure there is no balance owed on that device which would prevent them from being able to activate on their account.

Big D

Reaction score
not to hijack...

If you are rooted and you do a factory reset, will it remove root? And if I am rooted, what should I do to clean the phone off completely (including the card) without bricking it?

Thanks.

ftajeffrey

Reaction score

ftajeffrey

Reaction score
If you flashed a recovery on your phone, then yes would be the answer. But you are selling yours, not returning it to Verizon, so not necessary.

Big D

Reaction score
Forgive me. I'm not very advanced with this stuff.

Here's what I did:

I rooted. Then I put ROM Manager on the phone. Then I would update ROMs through that. So I have no real knowledge of how to load stuff. I did it the easy way.

So I have a D1 that I sold and I need to 1. get the info off the phone and 2. ready the phone for the buyer.

I'm not sure what I did (when you say "flashed a recovery" I don't know what that means).

I know it's a pain in the a** but could someone walk me through this like I am a mental midget - which happens to be the case?

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it.

jrracinfan

Reaction score
How did you origonally root? With a 1 click solution?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Big D

Reaction score
Great question. It was years ago. Give me a minute to research.

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Either way, it's not illegal to sell with it rooted. Give your buyer the option and follow the guide mentioned previously.

Big D

Reaction score
I gave the buyer the option but he won't get back to me. I gotta get this thing in the mail so I'm thinking I'll just get it back to original condition and be done with it.

It looks like I used SPRecovery after I got it back to 2.01. If that helps.

Thanks again.

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Welcome. I would just leave it as is. I never liked sbf flashes if not being needed.