1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Getting double txt messages

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by hellabooya, Mar 19, 2010.

1. hellabooya

hellabooya New Member

I have been getting double text messages on almost every single txt that I receive while using jrummys koush rom. Anyone know why this would be happening? Its pretty annoying lol. I am using handcent if this helps.
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

I would not think that the rom would cause that particular problem but I'm not positive. I use Handcent and have not have any duplicates.

Mike
  3. hellabooya

hellabooya New Member

I havent had this problem on blackdroid or bugless beast so thats why I put the rom i was using in the op. If i cant figure this out ill probably just switch back to blackdroid, though ill miss the 3d app drawer.

On that note is it possible to install the 3d app drawer from koush's rom to anyone elses rom?
  4. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Go here and use the instructions posted under the screenshots. I would suggest using the instructions to use it as a /system app. Not from the Market. Just download it and follow the directions for the adb commands
  5. hellabooya

hellabooya New Member

Ive tried both the market and adb commands to install the helixlauncher2 and im just getting a black screen with constant fc's
  6. Ferradinho

Ferradinho New Member

I have had this same stupid proble and it is so annoying! I have used most of the roms at one point and have had it with all of them. I thought it was maybe my phone at one point but I just got a warranty replacement and am still having the double text issue.

Anyone know why this is happening?
  7. Ferradinho

Ferradinho New Member

I have had this same stupid problem and it is so annoying! I have used most of the roms at one point and have had it happen with all of them since the first sholesmod. I thought it was maybe my phone at one point but I just got a warranty replacement and am still having the double text issue.

Anyone know why this is happening?
  8. mjones1052

mjones1052 New Member

Blackdroids new v8 comes with a 3D launcher2 and the Helix Launcher2 works as well. It is really stable and I'm kinda impressed. Normally, I piece together other peoples stuff for my own use, but with this new v8 I didn't do very many modifications.
  9. hellabooya

hellabooya New Member

Just trying to bump this thread again, I still get double txt messages even though I have re downloaded handcent and now am using Blackdroid 8.0 (previously using koush's rom). It is quite irritating, so any ideas would be very helpful.
  10. flameboy

flameboy New Member

I'm a heavy texter, and this happens to me ALL the time. It has happened on every single rom I've used including the rom from the factory.

Pretty sure it is a network issue with verizon. They are probably sending the text twice.
  11. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

This was a handcent problem for me. Switched to ChompSMS and haven't gotten a double text since.
  12. Riddick

Riddick New Member

Yeah, it's a handcent bug, not the rom. Get rid of handcent and you shouldn't have the problem anymore. Or fix your messenger settings. Kind of funny that someone used a warranty for this problem and ended up with the same thing again.
  13. creamers

creamers New Member

If you go to messages and settings and turn off notications you shouldnt get double messages anymore. Just turn on notifcations for the app you want to use.

I use Handcent on Sg 6.0.1 works just fine it also worked just fine on Droidmod 1.0
  14. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

It's not a notification issue, it's a message issue.
  15. hellabooya

hellabooya New Member

Ya it is a Handcent issue because the default messanger is only getting one txt message while handcent is getting two sometimes three. Is there any other txt apps that split messages at 160 characters like handcent does? Its literally the only reason I use handcent.
  16. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

I don't think ChompSMS does it unless I am missing it in the settings somewhere.
  17. hellabooya

hellabooya New Member

Ya I really like how handcent splits the txts over 160 and how it has an android theme for the messages, I hate the iphone style bubble messaging it looks childish to me. Grrrrr I hate this