PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry. Got excited. :D

Hey guys, site is live.

Project Bootloader Freedom created by palmercurling

In other news, I'm thinking about writing a program to spam e-mails to Motorola asking for the key. :D Haha. Kidding. :D

Thank you for beating me to posting my own website! XD

Sent from my DROIDX

Not a problem, I've been fending off snow all day. Site is basic, mostly a hub to aliasxerog's stuff. Also has links to downloads he posts, and ill add some information as we continue work.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
LOL!

I just had a brilliant idea I'm giving to you guys to chew over and then laugh at me for having.

Distributed computing method. Brute-force hacking attack via BOINC.

[Disclaimer -- this abuse of the BOINC system is not actually being endorsed, merely offered as a "if only, ha ha!" comment.]

Sarg338

Reaction score
LOL!

I just had a brilliant idea I'm giving to you guys to chew over and then laugh at me for having.

[Disclaimer -- this abuse of the BOINC system is not actually being endorsed, merely offered as a "if only, ha ha!" comment.]

My liege, you have my computer.

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
LOL!

I hate BOINC. It messes up all of my computers. For a noble cause such as this, to heck with quality internet. Give me a phone that can do what I want when I want. And I want cyanogenmod.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
For all the star power that has taken a crack at this thing, I sincerely hope you guys do it. Instant legends. Forever written in the Android history pages. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

KHeeney5

Reaction score
If you went over to XDA and got all developers for the X and all the developers here for the X and even the D2 just to give an idea and try to help out, I feel like that would help a lot. :)

OP
aliasxerog

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I just thought about this, but why don't we do a cold-boot attack. I'm thinking the key has to be saved in ram at some point during boot. I doubt, though, someone wants put their phone in liquid nitrogen.

It's time to blow this scene...

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I just thought about this, but why don't we do a cold-boot attack. I'm thinking the key has to be saved in ram at some point during boot. I doubt, though, someone wants put their phone in liquid nitrogen.

What? Lol.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
aliasxerog

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I would Google that one, it would be a pain to type on my Droid.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I would Google that one, it would be a pain to type on my Droid.

Sounds good. :)

"In cryptography, a cold boot attack (or to a lesser extent, a platform reset attack) is a type of side channel attack in which an attacker with physical access to a computer is able to retrieve encryption keys from a running operating system after using a cold reboot to restart the machine from a completely "off" state. The attack relies on the data remanence property of DRAM and SRAM to retrieve memory contents which remain readable in the seconds to minutes after power has been removed"

kicker22004

Reaction score
I'm glad to see this picking up steam, Fast question what do you mean we had the 30.03 key? and that it didn't help?

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The bootloader has some encryption keys to check that the kernel being booted is okay (in this case, only Motorola's kernels will work). we had the keys for the last veersion of the bootloader, but it still didnt work.

is it possible that multiple keys exist, for different parts of the boot process? just tossing some thoughts that have come to me on another wonderful snow day. yay sleep madness.

OP
aliasxerog

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It's probably asymmetricly encrypted.