1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Getting BusyBox super annoying !

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by W1bird, Jan 21, 2010.

1. W1bird

W1bird New Member

Ok so ive been workin on getting busybox on my rooted droid for days now, but i cant seem to do it ! If tryed Dropping it on my SD Card and installing it though ADB shell. And ive tried RootDroidhelper way but every-time i reboot recovery It just says E:/ something cannot open....
    Any ideas Guys ???? i have no trouble ADB shelling. i Cant figure it out Im a bit of a noob though...

TY
  2. cplus

cplus New Member

You might try my newb guide here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...step-step-no-adb-involved-noob-challenge.html
    Instead of using adb shell, you will install sprecovery first and then flash a virgin-oem rom with root and busybox already on it.

If you want to continue with the method you are using, I found this thread very helpful: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...covery-framework-res-apk-custom-boot-ani.html
  3. djpatd

djpatd New Member

ok, this is a jackass guide to droidroothelper for installation of busybox, im not saying your a jackass, im just saying i wish i had this guide for myself as i couldnt install it for the life of me.

ok here is the jacka$$ guise to wifitethering and busybox as wel as flash-image sprecovery, brightness fix, and overclocking! :motdroidvert:

first off, navigate back to chevyno1 wifi tethering - one click .. . thread.

- then you need to go to the marketplace and download an application called droidroothelper. once it is up and running, click the menu button second from the left on the droid touchscreen, and click on get the tools.

install adrozip,linda file manager, and then get the tools from the links in the menu. once you download get the tools open adrozip click on the downloads folder, then click on droidroothelper.zip then choose extract to.
    dont just do that tho. first press that back arrow once then extract to that screen. it should be the screen you first see when you open adrozip. extract it there.

once that is all done, reboot your phone, and open droidroothelper.

click on:
    1. mount mtdblock3 system read/write,
    2. mount mtdblock4 system read/write
    3.unmount system mtdblock3
    4.unmount system mtd block 4
    5. sync.
    6.rename recover from boot.p
    7.install and chmod busybox install to system bin
    8. install chmod flash image

then scroll to the bottom where it says recovery and click recovery.

then download the new version of wifi tethering made by chevyno1. i think its version 1.3 or 1.4

- follow the onscreen directions, nothing will go wrong. the reason your getting that error is because your recovery is too old and the program doesnt recognize your phone in recovery mode. if you follow the directions step by step you should be up and running in no time.

cheers.

p.s. this also installs busy box, and flash-image. as well as the brightness fix, and overclocking to 600mhz.

if you still cant install busybox with this tutorial than just sell your droid, and use a motorola startac:) lol
  4. W1bird

W1bird New Member

Thanks guys im about to try both ! ill let you know hit goes !
  5. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

yeah just use droidroothelper...it's free and works fine.
  6. W1bird

W1bird New Member

Thanks guys got it to work =]
Search tags for this page
busybox mkblkdevs not found
busybox not found superoneclick

busybox was not found superoneclick

checking for busybox not found
viperfx busybox not found