Getting banned?

cuskit

Reaction score
It happens. Usually the mods move them pretty quick. Honestly I surf the forums by using the "new posts" feature, so I don't often pay attention to where the thread is actually located. So perhaps I am just not paying attention and it might be a really common problem.
Same here, I always just hit "new posts" and never ever pay attention to what section the thread is in.

But I do pay attention to the location - guess I'm just a goody two shoes.. :icon_ banana: mikey

M

Matth3w

My usercp is my home page :)

Being that I'm subscribed to just about every thread, it takes me like 30 minutes in the morning just to reply to people that have messaged me both via PM and in threads over night. lol

OP
srtfool32

srtfool32

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
happy to hear all this. been hearing about lots of bans for wrong sections and all. one guy got banned for posting on sholes website about them being good at what they do and got a perm ban from alldroid. just think that is wrong all the way around.

and i have noticed that this is a 100% more freindly board for sure. would venture to say the best i have found in the 3 months i have had my droid.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
happy to hear all this. been hearing about lots of bans for wrong sections and all. one guy got banned for posting on sholes website about them being good at what they do and got a perm ban from alldroid. just think that is wrong all the way around.

and i have noticed that this is a 100% more freindly board for sure. would venture to say the best i have found in the 3 months i have had my droid.

Is it a forum or a private club. Man the only time you should get banned from a forum if you are writing inappropriate comments. Some people allow power to get to their head but im not gonna bash. :r_c:Yeah this forum is cool and helpful and there are a couple others that are as well.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mistakes happen, this forum is understanding. Just follow the rules and everyone will be fine and not banned :)

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mistakes happen, this forum is understanding. Just follow the rules and everyone will be fine and not banned :)

Yep....if anyone knows its Martin, lol...I think he's posted more than any of the other 30+ thousand members!

52brandon

Reaction score
IMO the forums are just completely different styles. There is more direct from devs, super informative and super confusing. Here is a lot more simplified and easy to follow, but usually a little behind. I can understand the devs going crazy from the same question they just answered the page before. I know I've bugged the hell out of them lol. All in all, both sites do A LOT for droid owners and I frequent both constantly

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, since CK has said he doesn't want us to go into bad mouthing Alldroid, and took away all my fun, all I can say is I don't go there, don't need to, and I find everything I need right here at DroidForums.net so who needs them?

Now that wasn't a bash, it's just a plain and simple fact. I feel that way about Crackberry too, which doesn't hold itself up to the high standards that this forum does. Although even at Crackberry they would never have done to the OP what Alldroid did.

Now I'm not saying that Crackberry is better then Alldroid because that might be considered bashing. However if you happen to get that from reading my post, then I guess anything is subject to interpretation.;)

Bashing IMHO would be saying something like Alldroid runs there forum like the way the USSR ran it's government. Bannish you forever to Siberia for something that you said about them at a friends house and they found out about it. That's a good comparison, but I'm not saying that. Really. :icon_ devil:

TimChgo9

Reaction score
As a moderator/administrator for another, unrelated site, I can tell you, modding and what not keeps your hands full some days.

Hats off to the mods around here, the traffic level looks like it has been insane, and almost every new thread goes to 3-4 pages within hours. That can make for alot of reading. The site I work on is closing in on 40,000 members, but our traffic level is not as crazy as it would appear to be around here. So, I could imagine the mods here go nuts just keeping everything working smoothly. I am sure their duties are no different than mine on my site; Policing forums, checking new user sign ups, reading email, responding to same, stopping spam, and generally keeping the house clean, and maintaining the friendly atmosphere.

I have checked out a couple of the other Droid related forums, and I like this one the best.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, since CK has said he doesn't want us to go into bad mouthing Alldroid, and took away all my fun, all I can say is I don't go there, don't need to, and I find everything I need right here at DroidForums.net so who needs them?

Now that wasn't a bash, it's just a plain and simple fact. I feel that way about Crackberry too, which doesn't hold itself up to the high standards that this forum does. Although even at Crackberry they would never have done to the OP what Alldroid did.

Now I'm not saying that Crackberry is better then Alldroid because that might be considered bashing. However if you happen to get that from reading my post, then I guess anything is subject to interpretation.;)

Bashing IMHO would be saying something like Alldroid runs there forum like the way the USSR ran it's government. Bannish you forever to Siberia for something that you said about them at a friends house and they found out about it. That's a good comparison, but I'm not saying that. Really. :icon_ devil:

I dnt consider that bashing, but it is not me who ultimately decides. If its the truth then its the truth. I have not really been there so I cant say one way or another. There could be another side of the story. I dont know, and I dont know how they do business. But a forum is a place, especially this one, to get info about your device that you just cant get from vzw or motorola. If one is turning a forum into a ridiculous country club then they need to get a life. Know your role, the role of the forums is to allow dialogue about the subject; in our case the droid, so that we can take advantage of its capabilities. Anything else then its trying to act like they are "USSR"...but i do not know the entire story and will not bash another forum.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score