Getting back to froyo

GoHuskies

Reaction score
Perfect--thanks, that is super helpful. When I get a chance to do the sbf (hopefully this week) I'll report back with results so other nervous people can see that it really works. I hope.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It'll work fine. It's the set up that you must have down.
Open rsd lite
Boot into bootloader (it will say USB OK to program)
Plug into pc (phone should show up in 1st row of rsd as s flash/connected)
Click box that has (...) and choose the extracted sbf file that you've already put on the desktop.
Hit start and let it ride!
Make sure you're using a 2.0 usb port
When it's finished, if it bootloops, boot into stock recovery and wipe data. Then reboot.
All the best!

CM74D2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks like ldopa has you covered. Happy flashing. J/k

SSX v2.0

GoHuskies

Reaction score
So I just did it and got the "PASS" result. However, my phone did not automatically reboot as in the video--it booted back into the bootloader. I unplugged, powered down, and powered back up again, and now I get the white Motorola logo (rather than the red GB one), but then the phone hangs on the red Droid eye, and won't actually boot up. I'm going to try re-flashing, but any suggestions as to what could be going on?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I just did it and got the "PASS" result. However, my phone did not automatically reboot as in the video--it booted back into the bootloader. I unplugged, powered down, and powered back up again, and now I get the white Motorola logo (rather than the red GB one), but then the phone hangs on the red Droid eye, and won't actually boot up. I'm going to try re-flashing, but any suggestions as to what could be going on?

Boot into stock recovery by holding the home and power button with the phone turned off. When you see the Android man, press the search button.

Wipe data and cache, then reboot.

CM74DX

GoHuskies

Reaction score

Boot into stock recovery by holding the home and power button with the phone turned off. When you see the Android man, press the search button.

Wipe data and cache, then reboot.

CM74DX

Eff yes! That white Froyo status bar is a beautiful sight to behold. For anyone else reading this who is as worried as I was about this procedure, I can confirm that a) I'm back up and running on Froyo, and b) the Android community is super helpful. Thanks to everyone on this thread

yearn

Reaction score
Now that your back on froyo. I highly recommend cm7. Its amazing. I've been using it for 2 weeks now, and totally love it!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ioreth

Reaction score
Detest update...

Am new to smart phone-ing...stupidly assumed "update" was just a standard updating of what I already had, fixing glitches etc..not the complete disappearance of the system I was so happy with :icon_eek:. Where's the disclaimer to at least give you the idea that you'd lose everything you were used to, and that you'd have to totally relearn how to use your fairly new, just- figured-it-out phone?? I've been perusing here trying to find out how to just as easily rid the phone of the intruding sugar cookie, gummy bear, cinnamon stick...WTF?? I don't know what was stock on the phone either...rooted?? Bricked?? More WTFs...so frustrated with the people at Verizon and Motorola who just pointed fingers at each other and said to try contacting Google for help. SERIOUS BAD CUSTOMER SVC all the way 'round.
There are so MANY loved features now missing, and even more HATED new ones....even the way the touchpad looks is jacked up. Is there no storefront place to take all of this and have it fixed? I don't trust myself with doing it via watching vids on YouTube. Not computer/phone illiterate, but JEEzus....it appears fixing this mess is all in my seriously spastic hands. Any suggestions, pretty please??