Getting back to froyo

rumblee1

Reaction score
I have a gingerbread droid x. HATE IT. Is there a way to get froyo back? ps,I hate gingerbread, not the x.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

nimerix

Reaction score
Feel free to SBF your phone if you feel comfortable doing it. Though I have to ask.. what are your issues with GB?

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nimerix is correct, the only way to get back to Froyo is via SBF. I recommend giving 1KDS' Linux .iso a try, very easy and quick.

GoHuskies

Reaction score
feedback?

rumblee, did you successfully sbf your phone? I'm in the same boat--HATE HATE HATE GB and want to go back to Froyo. Would love to hear how it went for you...

jonathon1289

Reaction score
rumblee, did you successfully sbf your phone? I'm in the same boat--HATE HATE HATE GB and want to go back to Froyo. Would love to hear how it went for you...

SBF if very simple to perform. The most difficult part is getting the Froyo image downloaded and the drivers installed.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...mpletely-bricked-droid-x-step-step-guide.html

Follow the above link for great instructions, it was what I followed the first two times but now I just run the SBF since I have done it many times. Google for the Droid X .340 sbf image

GoHuskies

Reaction score
Thanks Jonathon.

Google for the Droid X .340 sbf image

This is the "Stock SBF Droid X File"--the link that's removed from the site you provided?

Also, can you or anyone else explain why links to .sbf files are banned in these forums? Do I risk voiding my warranty?

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Probably wants to go back because the phone loses connection and needs to reboot or just randomly reboots itself... my biggest problem with gb is the connection being lost and having to reboot my phone to send a text or make a call. I don't have all the apps installed I had before, I have cleared data cache and factory reset and it has not fixed it. I'm ready to go back to froyo too... gb has done nothing for me except give me more problems to deal with...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

GoHuskies

Reaction score
Probably wants to go back because the phone loses connection and needs to reboot or just randomly reboots itself... my biggest problem with gb is the connection being lost and having to reboot my phone to send a text or make a call. I don't have all the apps installed I had before, I have cleared data cache and factory reset and it has not fixed it. I'm ready to go back to froyo too... gb has done nothing for me except give me more problems to deal with...

Since the GB "update" I have the same spontaneous reboot and lost connection issues, as well as some others:
- battery life has dropped off dramatically
- phone runs very hot (and I've had two warranty replacements, so it's not just one isolated device)
- anything involving accessing my contacts--searching them, scrolling through them, editing or adding them--is excruciatingly slow
- speech-to-text often chooses not to work
- GPS occasionally decides that I'm somewhere in the Canadian Arctic
- in text entry mode, a double-tap now pulls up the same context menu as a long-press, which is annoying and redundant

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jonathon.

Google for the Droid X .340 sbf image

This is the "Stock SBF Droid X File"--the link that's removed from the site you provided?

Also, can you or anyone else explain why links to .sbf files are banned in these forums? Do I risk voiding my warranty?

I think the moderators need to protect themselves. There may be a liability issue. Whatever it is, we have to respect it. Have you found the file yet?

CM74D2

GoHuskies

Reaction score
So if I perform the sbf, will the phone automatically default to Froyo? This isn't my original device--it's a warranty replacement, it came pre-loaded with GB. How do I know it will revert to Froyo?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It will. Once it reboots and you activate the phone, you can go to settings/about phone and see the android ver to be 2.2
Plus the status bar will be white again instead of gb blue.

CM74D2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;WMFMNldyrZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMFMNldyrZQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Also, a good visual guide to sbf (if you need it) I'm sure you have all the necessary files (rsd lite 4.9, drivers, full sbf file)

CM74D2

GoHuskies

Reaction score
Thanks Ldopa. However what I meant was not how do I confirm that I'm running 2.2 once the sbf is performed, but how can I be sure, prior to sbf, that the phone will revert to Froyo, rather than the factory-installed OS, which (as far as I can tell) appears to be GB?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, well the sbf file will be named with the system its flashing back to. Yours should say (2.3.340) at the end for the dx. That is stock froyo.

CM74D2