Getting an HTC Droid DNA? What phone are you upgrading from?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
So what phone are you replacing with the HTC Droid DNA?

rajuabju

Reaction score
Preordered mine.

Also replacing a Tbolt

Weak batteries dont scare me... I've been dealing with one just fine for 2 years now!

AI19

Reaction score
I currently own the tbolt and am about ready to toss this p.o.s. out the window. Constant data drop, random restarts, email never syncs and the list goes on with problems. I can't believe some of you are still sticking to this crap company HTC... Signed up for the Note 2 and never looking back at HTC ever again.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Have a bionic, the dna has definitely caught my attention. Upgrade isn't until March, so this will give me time to see how things play out. Also, with all the rom goodness for the bionic right now, I'm not in any hurry to upgrade

StinkyPete

Reaction score
Same here... TBolt... Think all the early adopters on the Thunderbolt are due for phone upgrades right now so we should see a lot of it.

Still wavering with the S3 or the Note2....

geoff5093

Reaction score
Same here... TBolt... Think all the early adopters on the Thunderbolt are due for phone upgrades right now so we should see a lot of it.

Still wavering with the S3 or the Note2....
Yeah, I'm eligible on 11/17, but since I want to keep my $59.99 talk, text and data promo as well as unlimited data, I'm buying at full price.

I tried the GS3 on Verizon for 2 days and had the Note 2 on US Cellular for a week. The GS3 does suffer from reduced signal strength compared to the TB, I was at the movies yesterday and I was getting 1-2 bars fluctuating between no data, 1X and 3G, but my friend who has a GS3 on Verizon had no service at all, except for once and a while when she let it sit for several minutes.

Bolt2Razr

Reaction score
You people that have thunderbolts and are considering the DNA have nit learned your lesson about htc have you?

geoff5093

Reaction score
You people that have thunderbolts and are considering the DNA have nit learned your lesson about htc have you?
I love my Thunderbolt. I've tried the GS3, MAXX HD, and Note 2 and keep coming back to the TB.

johnwaug

Reaction score
I have an Lg Optimus S. It has been a real trooper. Drops, washings, kids and no problem what so ever. I am also changing carriers so I am hoping for the best with the DNA. It looks like it will be killer. Batteries don't worry me either.

champaned_out

Reaction score
I love my Thunderbolt. I've tried the GS3, MAXX HD, and Note 2 and keep coming back to the TB.

are you kidding? i bought my tb on launch day and while it was okay i couldnt wait to get rid of mine... luckily i used another upgrade on my account so i was able to preorder the SG3.. imo the S3 blows the tb out of the water in every area... i honestly cant think of one pro the tb has against the S3 other than the size might be a bit big for some people with smaller hands

geoff5093

Reaction score
are you kidding? i bought my tb on launch day and while it was okay i couldnt wait to get rid of mine... luckily i used another upgrade on my account so i was able to preorder the SG3.. imo the S3 blows the tb out of the water in every area... i honestly cant think of one pro the tb has against the S3 other than the size might be a bit big for some people with smaller hands
I'm just spoiled by the battery life of my TB with extended battery, it lasts all day and usually has around 75% battery left, I can go 2-3 days on it. I'm running an AOSP ICS ROM and it flies.

I guess I'm just used to the TB, I know what all the settings are, I know exactly the places where it fits perfectly (in my car, jacket, etc.), it's durable, etc. If I was stock I would hate the TB.

But I guess it comes down to having to pay full retail, if I need to spend $600-$700 for a phone it better blow my TB out of the water, which so far nothing has.