Getting all my Apps from AppBrain..yes or no?

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
AppBrain looks amazing...I can preselect the apps I want to install on my X when I get it this week.

The question is...is this a reputable place with safe apps (without Viruses).

Or do most of you stick to downloading from the default android app marketplace?

How many of you have used AppBrain?dancedroid

harrellj

Reaction score
LOVE appbrain and its fast web installer. Also, you'll notice that one of the news pieces is about a site facelift. In terms of downloading from it, I've noticed that it basically is a direct market link for an app but I can still only install what is available in the market.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Appbrain is safe.....

OP
B

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
Good to know because I have 19 apps ready and waiting the day my X gets here. Check out my list: bgillette79's Apps

Let me know if there are any MUST HAVES that I've left off my list. Or let me know if I put any ones on my list that have been a headache.

Last edited:

harrellj

Reaction score
List looks good to me, big name apps there. One thing, since you have GV listed, do you have a GV account yet or are you going to sign up for one when you get the phone?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have AppBrain and it seems to be pulling the stuff from the Market itself. It's a good way to have a list of your apps and you can change the list to show size or cost.

That being said, I don't use it for uploads as it's slower than me using the QR code and downloading it myself.

Last edited:

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
If no to weatherbug....is the weather channel app just as good, or better?

ive found weatherbug elite to be the best way to be able to check multiple cities with little battery loss, at least for thelast week.

i disable gps, enable network location, and set update for every 4 hours. so far so good.

Technoman

Reaction score
If no to weatherbug....is the weather channel app just as good, or better?

weatherbug is a battery killer be careful

I have had WeatherBug Elite (paid version) for quite sometime now. It does not eat battery. I have never had WeatherBug even on my list for battery usage on my Droid 1.

It works well, does not nag with crap notifications (but does provide decent notifications).

If you want the best radar site (you need flash for animation - hence 2.2) then you should load up m.wund.com - Weather Underground. It has always been a favorite on my Blackberry.

Gebo

Reaction score
Probably operator error but I am one of those people who did have problems with Weatherbug Elite. I removed it and no more problems. Got it saved in Appbrain to reinstall after 2.2

It ate up my battery life. I had it to update every hour. Or to state it more accurately, after uninstalling my battery life dramatically improved. It kept hanging up trying to load the data....

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
If you want the best radar site (you need flash for animation - hence 2.2) then you should load up m.wund.com - Weather Underground. It has always been a favorite on my Blackberry.

Weather Chanel comes stock (on D1 anyway). It has great animated radar... no flash needed

Technoman

Reaction score
Probably operator error but I am one of those people who did have problems with Weatherbug Elite. I removed it and no more problems. Got it saved in Appbrain to reinstall after 2.2

It ate up my battery life. I had it to update every hour. Or to state it more accurately, after uninstalling my battery life dramatically improved. It kept hanging up trying to load the data....

Your comments would lead me to believe that the issue is related to your signal levels. Any app you have that is seeking to update will cause battery issues if it cannot get enough data to allow it to update. This would be due to data signal issues, not the app.