Getting a replacement Gnex

Dfit18

Reaction score
As the title states, just wanted to get your input on getting a replacement Gnex. I've had my current one for less than a year, its unlocked an rooted running jelly-belly rom. The issue is my nfc isnt working anymore and im getting poorer reception than I normally get. So before I bring the phone to Verizon i need to return it to factory stock, should I follow the sticky above or has anyone used the feature with the Wug-toolkit? Have people had good luck with replacements? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Scimino

Reaction score
I have had a gnex replaced with CLNR. It worked just as well as my out of box gnex. I always used the wug tool kit. After you get the drivers set up it works great. I had to send mine back rooted and unlocked because the power button went out on it so i had no choice. Verizon didnt say anything or charge me for doing that. I dont recommend sending it back like that but like i said i had no choice. Good luck!

OP
Dfit18

Dfit18

Reaction score
I have had a gnex replaced with CLNR. It worked just as well as my out of box gnex. I always used the wug tool kit. After you get the drivers set up it works great. I had to send mine back rooted and unlocked because the power button went out on it so i had no choice. Verizon didnt say anything or charge me for doing that. I dont recommend sending it back like that but like i said i had no choice. Good luck!

So you talked to vzw customer service over the phone instead of going to an actual store? you think that is a better way to do it?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Reps over the phone are more helpful imo.

Plus you can save yourself the gas. Besides all my replacements in store with the og droid were never in store, always mailed to me

Scimino

Reaction score
Actually at first verizon would not replace it because i bought it off a friend that works for Verizon. Verizon said that because it had a previous owner my warranty was void. So i had my Verizon friend go through his supervisor and had a CLNR shipped to me. But you can do either or. I would just call if it were me.

OP
Dfit18

Dfit18

Reaction score
Reps over the phone are more helpful imo.

Plus you can save yourself the gas. Besides all my replacements in store with the og droid were never in store, always mailed to me

thanks dez, going to give them a call in a few.

OP
Dfit18

Dfit18

Reaction score
Actually at first verizon would not replace it because i bought it off a friend that works for Verizon. Verizon said that because it had a previous owner my warranty was void. So i had my Verizon friend go through his supervisor and had a CLNR shipped to me. But you can do either or. I would just call if it were me.

thanks for your help scimino, going to give them a call soon..wish me luck.

CKD2

Reaction score
I called vzw and told them how mine drops 4g every minute or so and I can only use 3g(true)! They sent me a clnr at $0.00 cost to me and its been nearly flawless with 4g. Not sure if this made a difference but I asked them to plz check the 4g signal on the replacement before they send it out. Who knows if they actually did or I just got lucky.
I was rooted, rommed, themed, returned it to stock via Wug toolkit and adios.
My question now is, wtf is taking me so long to root my new phone? ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
Dfit18

Dfit18

Reaction score
I called vzw and told them how mine drops 4g every minute or so and I can only use 3g(true)! They sent me a clnr at $0.00 cost to me and its been nearly flawless with 4g. Not sure if this made a difference but I asked them to plz check the 4g signal on the replacement before they send it out. Who knows if they actually did or I just got lucky.
I was rooted, rommed, themed, returned it to stock via Wug toolkit and adios.
My question now is, wtf is taking me so long to root my new phone? ;-)

Perfect, hoping for the same outcome. Now root that thing ;)

OP
Dfit18

Dfit18

Reaction score
All went well. CLNR phone was issued with free overnight shipping. one of the less painful experiences ive had with Verizon.

CKD2

Reaction score
Niiiiiiice!!!! I'm sure that'll be the only one you need!!
I'm rooting in the next day or so. Its funny how many new Roms are out since I got my clnr! Crazy great stuff!!!

OP
Dfit18

Dfit18

Reaction score
Niiiiiiice!!!! I'm sure that'll be the only one you need!!
I'm rooting in the next day or so. Its funny how many new Roms are out since I got my clnr! Crazy great stuff!!!

it was funny, while i was talking to the rep, he was telling what i need to do with my old phone. he says "the phone you have is meant for software modification so if you are rooted then make sure you unroot the device before sending it back." big red is catching on :happy3:

CKD2

Reaction score
it was funny, while i was talking to the rep, he was telling what i need to do with my old phone. he says "the phone you have is meant for software modification so if you are rooted then make sure you unroot the device before sending it back." big red is catching on :happy3:

Now that's funny! Pretty cool that he didn't bust hump about voiding your warranty.

Reaction score
As the title states, just wanted to get your input on getting a replacement Gnex. I've had my current one for less than a year, its unlocked an rooted running jelly-belly rom. The issue is my nfc isnt working anymore and im getting poorer reception than I normally get. So before I bring the phone to Verizon i need to return it to factory stock, should I follow the sticky above or has anyone used the feature with the Wug-toolkit? Have people had good luck with replacements? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

far as i can tell, my nfc has never worked on several gnex's i've had. tried paring a few nfc enabled bt headsets by touch, and never works. it's new tech, so i don't expect much.